Anyone SEE the Jimmy Oden ejection last night

franklinrebelsfan

Also...everyone knows Coach Harris is pretty mild mannered.....Don't you think it says something when even he goes crazy over the call?

Here is the recap of EXACTLY what happened after watching the tape about 15 times...

Jimmy gets the breakaway...JJ Taylor comes up and as Jimmy is turned sideways about to jump...JJ comes in clobbering him....AT THE EXACT SAME TIME Jimmy's hands go up TOWARDS THE GOAL in a shooting motion just as EVERY SINGLE PLAYER in this district has done many times over when they get a hard foul. There was no intent/premeditation or anything. The time wasn't even there to think about that. After looking at the tape, the ref ejected Jimmy almost instantaneously with the whistle for the flagrant. He also signaled twice in a row for an ejection so from the tape it looks like the ref ejected both of them as he pointed at both of them individually and gave the ejection sign. The ref was also trailing the play and was behind the play around the 3 point line coming in when he made the call. Can you imagine getting hammered and gathering yourself and punching back all in about .5 seconds while going away from the person who just fouled you while you still have a ball in your hand? Say what you want but the time isn't there and it didn't happen.

Also this from the mouth of a Siegel player when he asked another ref of the situation..."Did you see anything?" Ref:"I didn't see anything....I think he might have jumped to conclusions" Take that as you want but another ref said this to a Siegel player.

What the tape shows or doesn't show is irrelevant. As 'The Truth' stated, the camera was opposite the punch, therefore it may or may not show it. I hate to repeat myself, but I say again, "I SAW IT". He punched the guy in the back of the head. For another ref to say what you quoted him as saying is an irresponsible statement by a referee. I have trouble believing that was said. Maybe the other ref didn't see it. The one standing 5 feet away from the incident saw it and made the correct call.

Stop idolizing this guy and realize he has a problem. You guys are just enabling him. Defending him encourages this behavior.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I heard from a coach, the White Co. player just fouled so he would not make the shot, but nothing to bad. And then Oden gave a little punch to that player. That deserves ejection and suspension.

White Co. players were playing very rough and bordered on dirty. The guy I was with and I both commented on that fact. I believe they were called for at least 1 and maybe 2 flagrants. That is a totally different scenario that punching someone in the back of the head.

What the tape shows or doesn't show is irrelevant. As 'The Truth' stated, the camera was opposite the punch, therefore it may or may not show it. I hate to repeat myself, but I say again, "I SAW IT". He punched the guy in the back of the head. For another ref to say what you quoted him as saying is an irresponsible statement by a referee. I have trouble believing that was said. Maybe the other ref didn't see it. The one standing 5 feet away from the incident saw it and made the correct call.

I'm sorry is this the same ref that was trailing the play and was 10 steps behind the play on the opposite side of the benches? Because last time I checked...thats not "in position". I SAW IT as well and I also got the chance to review the tape in hindsight this morning as well. The referee was not in good position to see everything that happened.

And yes what the tape shows does matter. If it shows Jimmy not intentionally making contact with JJ Taylor then that is VERY RELEVANT, which is what it DOES show. You may have been there you may have had a good view. I didn't have a good view at the time but when I put my view of what happened when I was there on top of the camera angle. It is a very telling picture of what really happened...or didn't happen in this case. Its obvious when u watch the play the Jimmy was sent stumbling out of control and only did he recover when Darius Roper stopped him on the other side of the goal near the doors.

And believe me, he said it....Because the player almost got a technical after the referee told him that.

Hey Hooligan does the cat have your keyboard? Someone who has viewed to tape 15 times as you say would know if Taylor was the person who fouled Oden as you have said.

I apologize, got confused after reading the DNJ article where they mentinoed Taylor's technical on Ramsey in the next paragraph down...JOSH BROWN.

And watching the videotape would have nothing to do with knowing the name of the player...I could name one player on White County's team I think and thats because he is a Jolly.

Unlike most of these people on here I have seen the video and if possible I will get it on here....I wouldn't do that and unless I was positive he did nothing to warrant the ejection.

It was White County's 3rd flagrant of the game and Jimmy DID NOT punch anyone slap anyone or anything close to that intentionally. By watching the video its obvious. He was still stumbling until Darius Roper caught him on the other side of the basket on the baseline. He could barely hold himself up...How can you punch someone when your stumbling down AWAY from that person.

It was their 2nd....so up to that point there had been 1 intentional foul called in the game. I didn't think WCHS played much defense the whole game anyway.

Edited by randymc