Who do you think will be the team to beat in Area II next year

hms10!!!

Not interested in wartburg......boys or girls......lots of hype not substance. Last year all I heard was how good their 7th grade class is. Their team was supposed to be the best....4th in morgan county.....not great....hardly worth the effort. They'll be very short in both size and talent. I'm not impressed with them considering we've got the Anderson girl.

AII predictions for 06-07

Girls

Fairview - Anderson is like a Woman playing against little girls

Oneida - Good solid team

Coalfield- They still have Jordan (That'll be enough)

Oakdale - Good Guards

CCCA - 17-1 this season

Wartburg - out in 1st round of the AII Tournament (short and slow)

Boys

Oneida - size and speed

Huntsville - shooting and speed

Robbins - size and speed (want to run now coach jones)

Fairview - returns a solid group

Wartburg - lucky to make it to the second round (would you like some hotdog with your mustard

I'm not hatin on "the burg" but I just call em like I see em.

Edited by courtking

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not interested in wartburg......boys or girls......lots of hype not substance. Last year all I heard was how good their 7th grade class is. Their team was supposed to be the best....4th in morgan county.....not great....hardly worth the effort. They'll be very short in both size and talent. I'm not impressed with them considering we've got the Anderson girl.

AII predictions for 06-07

Girls

Fairview

Oneida

Coalfield

Oakdale

CCCA

Wartburg - out in 1st round of the AII Tournament

Boys

Oneida

Huntsville

Robbins

Fairview

Wartburg - lucky to make it to the second round

I'm not hatin on "the burg" but I just call em like I see em.

:lol: courtking looks like u know the girls side but the boys side will be a little tougher.WMS will be a contender with OMS & HMS.Robbins lost everything but one player.Count them out & the other scott teams will be weak again.CACC i don't no about & morgan county besides wms will be weak as well.Jellico may be 4th. :o

Courtking and BigDave,

You guys need to just settle down a little! Both of you guys are getting a little too fired up for this topic! Area II will be quite competitive every year. I think the numbers thing is overblown. Neither Wartburg or Oneida (the two schools which I guess are the biggest) haven't won an East Tennessee title in years. Neither team dominates the area, so I don't see what all the fuss is about.

Courtking...as for all the talk about WMS coaches, you seem to be awful close to that situation. Do you know those guys/girls personally?

King,

I'ld be interested to know if you're close to the program at WCMS as well. I'm not aware of any,"situation" associated with the girls program. Coaches Davis and Wright are coming back and I know Davis is looking forward to his tenure .

Are you talking about him getting tossed during the PJ game or what?

As far as Jones and Davis are concerned, the two programs work well together. I like watching wartburg play because you can see elements of all three coaches Davis, Jones, and Wright in each game and both teams. It is truly a cooperative effort and I for one think it makes for one of the more unique programs in AII...not to mention one of the more successful ones boys and girls.

WHO WILL WCMS HAVE NEXT YEAR? THAY ARE RETURNING 5 PLAYERS WHO STARTED AT ONE POINT DURING THE YEAR. IF THE COACH LETS THE SHANNON KID PLAY AND DO WHAT HE IS CAPABLE OF, HE WILL BE HARD TO STOP BY ANYONE. THEN YOU HAVE THE GOODMAN KID WHO IS A VERY GOOD REBOUNDER. THE SPENCE KID WHO IS A EXELLANT DEFENDER.AND THE OTHER SHANNON KID WHO CAN HIT 3'S FROM ANYWHERE.

First off i heard that the griffith boy changed his mind and is staying at robbins. Also the elementary is bringin up very good players ill just name a few, dalton duncan, trevor allen, jacob manis, houston west, michael barnes. They also have a couple other good players in the elementary. The reason i think oneida will dominate next year is because they have some good guards and they have a big post ...which huntsville doesn't have coming back. Wartburg has the shannon boy and i dont know what else. Coalfield wasn't great this year, but if they have all 5 starters coming back they may be good next year.

well that is alot of players coming up but more than half of them will not be any because they wont be able to make the transion from whatever they play know to middle school ball and hms and i have heard from a source that wartburg will have more players than u think ;)

well that is alot of players coming up but more than half of them will not be any because they wont be able to make the transion from whatever they play know to middle school ball and hms and i have heard from a source that wartburg will have more players than u think ;)

;) Iwill say the shannon boys can play.HMS needs to schedule OMS &WMS next year because that will be 4 real good games to watch.

OK if its harder than i think then why can anyone who plays good in junior pro or in some little league team come in middle school and be just as good or dominate as they was in those leagues. Kids who have never even played b-4 can be good in middle school because you just have to have a little skill in 1 position to be able to play in middle school. Whether its aggresive D , solid D, scoring, passing, speed, etc.

Fact is most of the time Junior Pro Stars Struggle making the transition. You always hear about this or that kid coming up being a great player. Usually they're good. I think that they still have a hard time making the transition.

Courtking - I don't think that anything said on here will make any difference as to which team finishes 1st in AII. One thing is the title will be decided on the court.

Also, you mentioned that WCMS was too large to compete in the small school division. I don't think so. There are at least 6 schools playing in the small school division in East Tn that are larger than WCMS

Eagleton

Rockwood

Holston

Rogersville City

Oneida

O.S. is close

Lenoir City

I don't think it would be hardly fair to knock WCMS to the large school division unless the other schools were moved up also. Just my 2 cents.

Fact is most of the time Junior Pro Stars Struggle making the transition. You always hear about this or that kid coming up being a great player. Usually they're good. I think that they still have a hard time making the transition.

Courtking - I don't think that anything said on here will make any difference as to which team finishes 1st in AII. One thing is the title will be decided on the court.

Also, you mentioned that WCMS was too large to compete in the small school division. I don't think so. There are at least 6 schools playing in the small school division in East Tn that are larger than WCMS

Eagleton

Rockwood

Holston

Rogersville City

Oneida

O.S. is close

Lenoir City

I don't think it would be hardly fair to knock WCMS to the large school division unless the other schools were moved up also. Just my 2 cents.

That is why they did to make a middle, like football is doing next year. Wartburg, Oneida, rockwood, and harriman are some that would be in it. And unless Oneida is not telling the truth I think Wartburg is a little larger.