Livingston Academy vs. Upperman

The General

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the winner of this one will be playing Goodpasture and the loser will be playing White House.

GO Hog-EyE!!!!

Yep, Goodpasture lost to White House tonight 39-38. This will more than likely put the two teams that alot of people said would meet in the region championship game, Goodpasture and Livingston, against each other in the first round. That is if Upperman doesn't pull of the upset tomorrow night.

Edited by catsbball1

Yep, Goodpasture lost to White House tonight 39-38. This will more than likely put the two teams that alot of people said would meet in the region championship game, Goodpasture and Livingston, against each other in the first round. That is if Upperman doesn't pull of the upset tomorrow night.

Well everyone knew that they had to meet sooner or later. Hopefully LA will bring their A game and advance to the semi's. I don't think you will have to worry about Upperman pulling the upset.

15 to 20 points better!!! I hate to do this, but I just can't leave this one alone,so here it goes... Upperman lost by 3 once and 18 another time DeKalb lost by 3 once and 12 the second game. Are you dislexic??? Do the numbers 3, 12, or 18 look anything like 20. I know some of them are close but none of them are 20. And that's two teams from the weak 7-AA.

I can't leave it alone either. Upperman lost to Macon by 2 or 3 first time they played and lost by 18 this last time. LA beat Macon by 40 plus and your telling me that the Bees can beat LA. Maybe if we play our freshmen and sophs. You do the MATH.

Ok didn't know that. I don't see any of these giving LA game outside of Goodpasture but it is tournament time and anything can happen! :thumb:

No question LA has a good team this year and are playing some inspired basketball right now. They really don’t have any superstars, so to speak, but have a team full of winners. They are also well coached and play extremely hard.

With that being said…..last year LA had a very good team as well but was beaten by the # 4 seed out of 8-AA, Greenbrier on their home court in the first round. This year LA will have to travel and play regular season 8-AA champion Goodpasture in the first game. Goodpasture suffered 2 upsets in their district tournament to Greenbrier and White House. This is not good news for LA fans.

My point being….with no disrespect to anyone….. 8-AA is still a much stronger district overall. Your comment about LA only have problems with Goodpasture is off base. The # 4 seed Greenbrier won the 8-AA tournament this year. Station Camp and White House are very good teams and they have all played strong schedules. LA would…or will have a tough time with any one of these 4 teams. But LA has as good a shot as anybody to advance….it just won’t be easy. Like you said….it’s tournament time….and anything can happen.

Who ever does advance to the substate will get the pleasure of facing the # 1 team in the state McMinn Central (29-1) or Howard (24-5).

Good luck to all the teams in region 4-AA. It should be a fun tournament.

Come on guys!!! This thread is getting way out of hand!! LA fans have every reason to be proud of our team BUT this thread is on the boarder of making us look cocky & arrogant. That is not what these boys are about. We need to remember this about the LA team!!

I know fans like "mybabymasters"& "dchs1" with their comments about LA makes you want to choke them but people like that hate on LA/Hogeye whether we are playing their team or not. LA has a hard road ahead & all we can do as fans is support them but lets not do it like this.

Come on guys!!! This thread is getting way out of hand!! LA fans have every reason to be proud of our team BUT this thread is on the boarder of making us look cocky & arrogant. That is not what these boys are about. We need to remember this about the LA team!!

I know fans like "mybabymasters"& "dchs1" with their comments about LA makes you want to choke them but people like that hate on LA/Hogeye whether we are playing their team or not. LA has a hard road ahead & all we can do as fans is support them but lets not do it like this.

I never once said it was going to be easy coachhard. I know that 8AA district plays a good game of round ball. And it will be interesting to see how the CATS match-up with some of those teams. LA has already played Station Camp and that will turn out to be helpful for both teams. So the Cats know they can play with those teams and have a real good chance to win. It;s not like we are in the dark we know how those teams play as a whole. It should be a great tournament.

I didn't really know what teams that this region would play but I'm sure that it would take a semi miracle to pull off a win against McMinn or Tyner especially on the road. But at home you never know.

Hopefully one of us can get a shot to play at home and make the boro.

"on the boarder of making us look cocky & arrogant" ?

They went over the cliff along time ago!