Livingston Academy vs. Upperman

The General

"on the boarder of making us look cocky & arrogant" ?

They went over the cliff along time ago!

Both sides have gotten out of control. But it is people like "mybabymasters"& "dchs1" who try to start sh** & LA fans are not going to let anyone talk smack about our boys.

I'm not being cocky or arrogant I'm just stating the facts.

And b-ball that's your opinion and you know what they say about opinion's.

I didn't say YOU looked Cocky or Arrogant. Everyone arguing with these idiots makes us(LA fans & players) look bad. I'm just as guilty for letting them get under my skin but come on…. they will see after the game. Let our boys do the talking.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No question LA has a good team this year and are playing some inspired basketball right now. They really don’t have any superstars, so to speak, but have a team full of winners. They are also well coached and play extremely hard.

With that being said…..last year LA had a very good team as well but was beaten by the # 4 seed out of 8-AA, Greenbrier on their home court in the first round. This year LA will have to travel and play regular season 8-AA champion Goodpasture in the first game. Goodpasture suffered 2 upsets in their district tournament to Greenbrier and White House. This is not good news for LA fans.

My point being….with no disrespect to anyone….. 8-AA is still a much stronger district overall. Your comment about LA only have problems with Goodpasture is off base. The # 4 seed Greenbrier won the 8-AA tournament this year. Station Camp and White House are very good teams and they have all played strong schedules. LA would…or will have a tough time with any one of these 4 teams. But LA has as good a shot as anybody to advance….it just won’t be easy. Like you said….it’s tournament time….and anything can happen.

Who ever does advance to the substate will get the pleasure of facing the # 1 team in the state McMinn Central (29-1) or Howard (24-5).

Good luck to all the teams in region 4-AA. It should be a fun tournament.

Were u aware that the leader of the LA team last year was VERY ill??? i believe it would had been a dif game if cates had been healthy...not makin excuses...jus statin facts :thumb:

I havent talked crap to anyone hogeye21 your the one talkin crap to everybody! Its all you livingston fans tryin to degrade everybody on here and alot of people are tired of it!

Oh no ...how could I have been so wrong. You’re right you haven't said anything to anyone. If that makes you feel better keep thinking that. It's all these LA fans making you “sick & tired".

Keep talking because you are just proving my point..... you’re just a hater.

Were u aware that the leader of the LA team last year was VERY ill??? i believe it would had been a dif game if cates had been healthy...not makin excuses...jus statin facts ;)

If he was so "VERY ill" maybe he shouldn't have played, I mean if he's that bad he couldn't have been helping the team. ;) Personally, I remember that game and he played quite a bit except for getting in foul trouble I think, and he didn't look that bad to me.

Edited by catsbball1

Livingston Academy plays Upperman on Friday at 8:30 I think. (correct if wrong)

This should be a pretty good game. Livingston beat Upperman by 18 at Livingston but only by 3 when they played them at Upperman. This should be alot closer than LA's last one. What are some thoughts? Please keep it clean.

I say LA by 16.

Well, I do believe that I hit that pretty darn close... Right on actually..

Edited by The General

Well, I do believe that I hit that pretty darn close... Right on actually..

Nice pick General. I thought LA played a rather lackluster game and still cruised to the win. I think this district is in big trouble in the region. I will be surprised if anyone but LA stays within 10 points in round 1. If LA brings their "A" game, a region championship could be theirs! Also thought Chase Dunn deserved all-tournament.

Nice pick General. I thought LA played a rather lackluster game and still cruised to the win. I think this district is in big trouble in the region. I will be surprised if anyone but LA stays within 10 points in round 1. If LA brings their "A" game, a region championship could be theirs! Also thought Chase Dunn deserved all-tournament.

I listened to the game and it seemed that LA was in total control all the way. But next thing you know Upperman cuts it to 12 in the 4th but the Cats push it right back to 20. Seemed to me that our boys just come down and throw it up without working for a good shot. When you miss 4 or 5 of those and the other team scores it makes it a ball game. We can't afford to do that next week or we will have an early exit.

I agree Dunn played a good game off the bench and he is going to be something before his time is over. He attacks the basket as good as anybody we have and I believe he will really be valuable from here on out.

Justin Monday played a great game scoring 22 and probably didn't play half the game. He was 100% from the charity stripe 9 or 10 in a row. Not trying to get something started but I thought he should have got the MVP just for that game alone. Justin carried us the first quarter and then next thing you know he's over on the bench. I believe he could have possibly scored 40 if he played more in the game. But I'm sure he was just happy to get the win.

Well play time 's over and we will see how the Cats do against Goodpasture. The no. 1 seed that finished 4th in the tournament. It's 1 game at a time and it's time to bring out our A game b/c it will take it to get where we want to be.