Pickett vs. Celina

theboom

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No mention of Pickett's first game in the district tournament? Where they were lucky to beat RBS and had they played C'range they would have lost. Either way this will be a good game. If Clay County plays to their potential then Pickett cannot beat them but if they let Pickett keep the game close then its anyone's game. ;)

It is amazing how you can say that Pickett County would have lost to Clarkrange had they played them. It is impossible to predict that, and by the logic you are going by, you couldn't be more wrong. What you are doing is assuming Clarkrange would have played just as well against Pickett County as they did against Clay County. What you failed to mention is that Pickett County ran all over the same Jackson County team that beat Clay County just six days earlier. Just admit that Clay County did not play well and quit throwing it off on someone else.

As for tonight's game, I see Clay County taking this one. I believe they will be focused and will probably shoot the ball better than in their first game at Upperman.

It is amazing how you can say that Pickett County would have lost to Clarkrange had they played them. It is impossible to predict that, and by the logic you are going by, you couldn't be more wrong. What you are doing is assuming Clarkrange would have played just as well against Pickett County as they did against Clay County. What you failed to mention is that Pickett County ran all over the same Jackson County team that beat Clay County just six days earlier. Just admit that Clay County did not play well and quit throwing it off on someone else.

As for tonight's game, I see Clay County taking this one. I believe they will be focused and will probably shoot the ball better than in their first game at Upperman.

Actually those words came from someone that works in the Pickett County organization i was just repeating what they said. I do agree you can't say well if they would have played this team then this would have happened because who knows what could happen? That was not the same team that played against Clay just six days earlier and that came from someone close to the JC team. Pickett had their way with them and if Clay doesn't show up tonight then they'll get beat! That is for sure, should be a good game. ;)

No talk? :thumb: Well, I'll start it then. Clay played an awful first hald but was able to keep the game close. Pickett took a comfortable lead into the 4th but Clay Co. was able to pull it together and if not for a walk call, this game would have finished in regulation. In the overtime, Godwin got fouled numerous times and was able to go 9 of 10 from the line to put the game away.

I would guess that Clay shot around 30% from the field with many of those shots coming from within 5 feet of the basket. Knight had a great night off the bench with 12 points.

No talk? :thumb: Well, I'll start it then. Clay played an awful first hald but was able to keep the game close. Pickett took a comfortable lead into the 4th but Clay Co. was able to pull it together and if not for a walk call, this game would have finished in regulation. In the overtime, Godwin got fouled numerous times and was able to go 9 of 10 from the line to put the game away.

I would guess that Clay shot around 30% from the field with many of those shots coming from within 5 feet of the basket. Knight had a great night off the bench with 12 points.

There is no talk because Pickett County lost. Had they won these message boards would have been flooded. Pickett County played a great game last night and really there were no losers with Friendship losing the championship game over there that actually befefits Pickett County. I look for these two teams to do it all over again this thursday providing Rich is healthy. Hopefully he just sprained his ankle and will be able to return. :thumb:

Yeah, your right dog.. If it hadn't been for the walk called on Capps(I believe), which was a bogus call, Pickett would have won in regulation. One of his own players rolled up on his legs from a push but Capps got the pass off in time. I think the tide turned at that point..

But I'm sure that I'm totally wrong according to you and Devil...

Fun game to watch, Congratulations Clay...

Bibb, keep em going. We're all behind you!!!

knight was the difference in this game 12 points 6 assist numerous rebounds and

steals why has he not played more .Turnovers killed the bulldogs in the first 3 quarters but Godwin came back and saved the bulldogs late.Good win

No talk from Pickett Co?...it's only Sat morning. Most people got in late and jumping on the internet first thing in the morning wasn't a priority! I know EVERYONE at Pickett Co. is very PROUD of the Bobcats taking a 9 point lead over Clay Co. and nearly beating them. The team's play spoke for itself...equal if not better than Clay. It was just a young team's mistakes which let Clay Co. get back into the game, like not getting the ball in bounds after that time out, and a couple of sloppy passes. Walden won't get away with what he did in the district, pushing and grabbing all night long. In the region those refs will have him out in the 1st quarter if he pulls his ususal pushing and grabbing. TC Capps outplayed Rich, like I've been saying and the voters backed that up with putting TC on the All District team and not Rich. For a team which no one was going to get within 25 points of this year, Clay Co. sure didn't back those boasts up with their play. Plus, everyone was happy to see that by winning, CC gets Friendship, if they make it to the 2nd round. If Pickett plays like they have the past 2 games, they'll reach the region finals.

This was another great game in a line of great games between the two schools, dating back over at least 30-plus years. There have been some thrillers between two fine teams since the early 1970's. Any of you old-timers remember the Weaver-Kitchens matchups back then?

Best of luck to all 7-A teams next week. Looks like District 8-A is pretty strong this year.

No talk from Pickett Co?...it's only Sat morning. Most people got in late and jumping on the internet first thing in the morning wasn't a priority! I know EVERYONE at Pickett Co. is very PROUD of the Bobcats taking a 9 point lead over Clay Co. and nearly beating them. The team's play spoke for itself...equal if not better than Clay. It was just a young team's mistakes which let Clay Co. get back into the game, like not getting the ball in bounds after that time out, and a couple of sloppy passes. Walden won't get away with what he did in the district, pushing and grabbing all night long. In the region those refs will have him out in the 1st quarter if he pulls his ususal pushing and grabbing. TC Capps outplayed Rich, like I've been saying and the voters backed that up with putting TC on the All District team and not Rich. For a team which no one was going to get within 25 points of this year, Clay Co. sure didn't back those boasts up with their play. Plus, everyone was happy to see that by winning, CC gets Friendship, if they make it to the 2nd round. If Pickett plays like they have the past 2 games, they'll reach the region finals.

Equal if not better? Wow you do live in denial don't you. Everytime you get beat you always have the better team and its always someone else's fault as to why you lost. Rich played great, Capps didn't outplay him at all when Capps took it inside against Rich he got stoned. Rich was a big factor on the defensive side of the ball tonight. Walden did what he does better than anyone around and that is play defense. Quit your whining about pushing and grabbing, Pickett did the same thing. We can always count on you never giving credit to the opposing team, it was either the ref's fault or some kind of miscue on Pickett's part as to why they lost. Bottom line is you're 0-3 against Clay, doesn't matter if its by 40 (which the first game could have easily been that bad) or 7 like the last game. You lost, end of discussion. :thumb:

Pickett outplayed Clay for the biggest part of the this game and should have won, but they made some youthful mistakes and the more experienced clay co team pulled out the win. this was a great game to watch and the Bobcats should not hang there heads at all they have played great the last 2 time they have played clay, and to be 24-7 district runner-up and a great chance to play a sub-state game, not to bad for a team that was suppose to be down and be lucky to finish 3rd or 4th i would say. Congrats to Clay co on the win, you guys did what it took to win, at times i thought Walden needed a saddle as close as he was defending but i would have done the same thing if i had been in his shoes if the officials were letting them play like that. The officiating was inconsistent late in the game on both sides but we lost because of to many mistakes down the stretch when we had the game in hand, and also Godwin's free throw shhoting down the stretch was hugeso congrats to him and all the bulldog players and hope Rich wasnt hurt too bad and hopefully he'll be ready to play in the region. This loss wasnt as bad as it could be since the cats are out of the friendship side of the bracket but we cant look past anyone or it will be all over good luck to the cats and the dogs in the region

Talk about denial!!! Last I knew, 44-44 was pretty equal! Yes, Clay won in overtime but the last 2 games were right down to the wire. Pickett keeps getting better while Clay is no better than last year, if as good. And, as usual, devil throws out misinformation. Blame other people? Where does that come from? I said our young team's mistakes cost us the game. How do you TWIST that into my blaming others? I praise plenty of teams, and even overrated Clay Co. Here are just a few times I have praised other teams...

Clarkrange will run away with it if they both play like they did last night.”

Hermitage Springs-last team I'd want to play right now.”

“After seeing Hermitage Springs last night, Coach Young could give Coach Bibb a run for the Coach of the Year depending how they do in the playoffs.”

“Congratulations to Hermitage Springs on playing a great game.”

“The Wildcats are very impressive. I saw the 83-43 win over Clay Co. and LA is loaded!”

“I'm excited that Jackson Co. is in 7A now so I'll get to see Kayci play next year and for several years.”

Pickett Co. visited East Robertson and came away with an 8 point win. Both teams played well.”

“I think Clarkrange is much improved and if they don't get psyched out, they could give Clay Co. a good game.”

“Where did this Clarkrange team come from?! This certainly wasn't the same team Pickett played at Clarkrange. Congratulations on a MUCH improved team.”

Say something untrue enough times and people will believe it. As for Rich, TC Capps made the all district team, Rich didn't. It's not my opinion, it's the facts.