Livingston vs. Goodpasture

The General

Wow, tennisgirl, that one is real original. How about this....you go to bed because people your age would have been there hours ago and you can get up in the morning, pop your geritol pills, and have a great day tending to the cattle.

I'll guarantee you can't run with me. This ole boy may be getting old but you 'll never see the day that you can stay with me.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ask and ye shall receive. Someone wanted to know what I would post on this and here it is.......the reason why I've not posted since the Macon County - LA game is a simple one. Normally any time my team gets beat I'm gracious and give props to the other team, but I'd be danged if I would have done it this time because when LA doesn't perform they go and run for the hills and "hollers" like they would say over there. Before a game you can't look at a thread without seeing some kind of blabbering from an LA fan, afterwards you can't dig an LA fan up. There has been like four post from LA fans since last night's game where before hand they were posting four an hour. So I wouldn't get on here and talk if you weren't going to but here I am. I knew that when LA ran across a team that could handle their pressure that they would get beat. They can't play half court and they definitely cannot play with a physical team, they are a gimmick. If they can't press and run you off the court, they can't win. You can do that with some of the slow footed country boy teams in 7AA but you aren't going to do that against 8AA. Its just like another 8AA coach told me while we were watching the game last night, there wasn't a single kid on the floor for Livingston that looked like they had been in a weight room. This has been the problem of 7AA teams, they all think they are Jimmy Chitwood from Hoosiers and all they want to do is shoot. Games now are won more in the weight room, thats the biggest difference. Where you guys work on shooting all the time, teams in 8AA are hitting the weights and work on their defense, not just doing a lil shoot around like everyone in 7AA does. Plus its just another level of athlete, big and physical in 8AA, small and country in 7AA. Until you guys in 7AA figure out that the game has changed and its not just won on shooting alone, you will continue to struggle. Plus I like the fact that your young Pat Riley wanna be coach was going just as bezerk as the team during the 4th quarter. If he coached as good as he tried to look then you all might get something done. But to the seniors on the LA squad who I will be nice to because unlike the people that run their mouth on here from LA, you seem to have class. You guys played hard and gave it your all, you busted tail and you left it all out there. Thats all any coach can ask for and it speaks about your character because you all never gave up. I just wish the people posting from LA would give up!! :lol:

Tennis who are you & why do you hate on LA so much?? First, I can't understand all the hostility & why you have never said anything good about LA? I actually think it is funny how you are always talking sh** about LA & how bad we are…you act like we are this poor little hick community. Even as you are trying to convince everyone how LA will never amount to anything you are just proving that you have let us/Hogeye get under your skin. Please tell me, I have to know, what was it....did you play, did you set the bench, were you just a wantabe or just a critic?? Hey admit it ..there is nothing wrong with it....that's what the majority of the fans are… wannabe/critics but they are still fans. I might be able to give you a little respect if I just knew. I know you have ALOT of games under your belt & have made some very good points about different teams but I just need to know why you hate on LA so much??? I'm not one to get on here & just run my mouth (as you referred to all LA fans) I voice my opinion from time to time. The one thing that puzzles me is why would a grown man (I assume your a man) would yell ..'H - O - G - E - Y - E HOG EYE HOG EYE JUST GOT BEAT!! Those were the words that I was bellowing out a few times while I was up there' @ a group of teenagers. I don't care how much you hate LA & Hogeye fans… these kids have worked their #### off & deserve a little respect. If I were guessing…I would defiantly say this goes deeper than a few messages on a Blog.

As far as your comment ‘young Pat Riley wanna be coach was going just as bezerk’ we are happy with him. So I guess the question is …do we really care what you think?? Weather you like him or not…he was a great ball player & an even better Coach!!

Just a little FYI…Rocking Chair (if he’s who I think he is….golf course?) he was a very good athlete back in the day.

Hey guys. This is 'Pat Riley' himself. I just wanted to say congratulations to the coaches and players at Goodpasture on a well-played game. You deserved to win and we here at LA wish you the best of luck. You guys were a class act and won with the same class you played with. Our season ended a little earlier than we wanted and expected, but as I told a tearful group of young men afterwards, GOD has a plan for us and we need to try to just enjoy the ride.

As I never give them what they want but don't need, I won't address people like Tennisguy personally. However, I'm always looking to get better and improve and everyone can count on the fact that LA will work as hard as anyone else if not harder to be successful. Oddly enough, I agree that we need to improve everything about our game. We'll definitely work on some if not all of these things. Experience is the best teacher and we are trying to learn from our mistakes everyday, every practice, every game. I for one will be the first to admit I am not the best around, but I'll try to find a way to outwork everyone else and NO ONE cares more about his players than I do. So I take everything that Tennisguy says as a complete compliment to our program here at Livingston Academy.

The rest of this is for my players, (especially the seniors):

YOU are exactly what our program here at LA is about. Words can't express the gratitude and compassion I have for all of you. You seniors have led the others to make this the BEST first year any coach could have. You all are a class act and I am honored for you to call me "Coach". You know you have my respect, but here's proof you've gained the respect from others outside of LA. Seniors, thanks for the ride and I'll always be here for you if you need anything and will always be your #1 fan. Underclassmen, get ready to work.

Thanks, too, to LA fans for all your support. There's not a better place to be.

Lastly, thanks to Coach McCoin for all of his support. He's been one of our biggest fans all season. He's a great person and good friend. Just one more classy person at Livingston Academy.

Edited by ShutupandPlay

Hey guys. This is 'Pat Riley' himself. I just wanted to say congratulations to the coaches and players at Goodpasture on a well-played game. You deserved to win and we here at LA wish you the best of luck. You guys were a class act and won with the same class you played with. Our season ended a little earlier than we wanted and expected, but as I told a tearful group of young men afterwards, GOD has a plan for us and we need to try to just enjoy the ride.

As I never give them what they want but don't need, I won't address people like Tennisguy personally. However, I'm always looking to get better and improve and everyone can count on the fact that LA will work as hard as anyone else if not harder to be successful. Oddly enough, I agree that we need to improve everything about our game. We'll definitely work on some if not all of these things. Experience is the best teacher and we are trying to learn from our mistakes everyday, every practice, every game. I for one will be the first to admit I am not the best around, but I'll try to find a way to outwork everyone else and NO ONE cares more about his players than I do. So I take everything that Tennisguy says as a complete compliment to our program here at Livingston Academy.

YOU are exactly what our program here at LA is about. Words can't express the gratitude and compassion I have for all of you. You seniors have led the others to make this the BEST first year any coach could have. You all are a class act and I am honored for you to call me "Coach". You know you have my respect, but here's proof you've gained the respect from others outside of LA. Seniors, thanks for the ride and I'll always be here for you if you need anything and will always be your #1 fan. Underclassmen, get ready to work.

Good post, Coach. Lots of class, something Tennisguy wouldn't know anything about

B) OK, I admit it. I did.

Just wanted to make sure it's spelled correctly...on the 1st place trophy.

Wait! What if yours said 'Whyte Horse'? I bet it'd matter then...

On second thought, since you're from White House, maybe it wouldn't. :huh:

That is too funny... "Whyte Horse" Man, that was good.

Maybe someone needs to start a Spelling Bee thread for you and you can watch everyone's spelling since you apparently have NOTHING else better to do with your time.....

Good post, Coach. Lots of class, something Tennisguy wouldn't know anything about

I think coach melton has done an excellant job I'm not from LA but I've watched

them play from D. VAUGHN (A GREAT COACH AND PERSON) to MILLER,MCCOIN

and now MELTON and they've always been class act I love to beat LA but not too many do on a regular basis just my Jackson CO. opinion

Lastly, thanks to Coach McCoin for all of his support. He's been one of our biggest fans all season. He's a great person and good friend. Just one more classy person at Livingston Academy.

Thank you Coach Melton for a great year. Thanks for putting the time into our kids and away from your own. We love you and support you. OH your dress is fine except for that one "stripped suit", had us all talking.

Hope you are just kidding!! The "chair" may be old, but he still "rocks"!!!

Well I'm pretty much in cruise these days but as you see I still get fired up when some jerk ( tennisguy ) runs down our program b/c LA smoked their team by 40 something.

Well what's done is done and time to move on. BTW congrats to coach Melton on his first season. I have really enjoyed watching you guys play this year. Keep working hard and good things will happen.