Lake County vs. Greenfield

44points

heavyd...the fact is no one wants to play you because ya'll are so good...not trying to get a heated discussion out of this or nothing..but when your as good as ya'll are no one wants to play you come tournament time in an elimination game...I have respect for ya'll as well as obion...i will admit i was pullin for obion just because i did not want to play ya'll again but deep down inside i really thought ya'll would have tore obion central apart and now that we are out i kind of wish westview would have made it all the way :P

When was the last time Westview and Gibson Co played in an elimination game? :blink:

(I don't know this answer)...a while, if ever...

Edited by WesCharge

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When was the last time Westview and Gibson Co played in an elimination game? :blink:

(I don't know this answer)...a while, if ever...

alright...let me ask ya this :P who wants to go to MEMPHIS for a sub state game and play against a ms basketball finalist in whitney houston and make the long drive back home ? i would rather just hang out here in big ole gibson co. and watch a sub state game at home...however, no need to worry about that this year :P

I think your fans started it by chanting it, don't you? I understand enjoying the moment but our boys team had nothing to do with it. So please don't make this out to be someone else starting something. It was tacky you know it and so do I.

Exactly... I wasn't starting anything nor would I have said anything about the situation until someone mistakingly called the Greenfield fans classy. As you said, chis824, LC's guys had nothing to do with the Greenfield vs. LC girls' game, & to TRY to belittle them is completely unnecessary & sickening. What is even worse than that is the fact of what was said to the Gleason girls Saturday night after their heartbreaking loss...

Greenfield[/url'>fan' post='825966940' date='Mar 1 2006 - 01:12 PM']

Wescharge you amaze me sometimes. It was Rickman and we beat Midway.

dawgseyeview quote "I am sorry Greenfieldfan, I know you have been a great supporter of Gleason Basketball but after the "showing" ya'll gave us on Saturday night, I can't be a fan of Greenfield's right now. Our girls were devastated by the loss, and to have to run by Greenfield fans and get taunted by them is going too far. I wish Greenfield could have suppported us on Saturday Night so there may have been a chance for two Weakley County teams to go to State but that wasn't the case. I know you are not included in this group, but for the most part I, along with other parents had their hearts broke to have to listen to their daughter's repeating things that were said to them."

dawgseyeview, please email me at larryporter@crunet.com

Go Lady Jackets

I think it is obvious who I am and I will give a few brief comments.

First, I want to say that I was at the Lake County/Greenfield game last night. I arrived late and ended up near the end zone in the Lake County section. I didn't clap or cheer for anyone? Why? Coach T of Greenfield's grandmother is my neighbor as well as one of my church members. Some of my life long friends are from Greenfield. I ended up seated by #14 of Lake County --Sara Wallace's sister. Many of Sara's relatives (one who teaches at Gleason) are also members of our church who also attend with Coach T's grandmother. Who did I cheer for? Neither! Who will I cheer for Saturday night? Greenfield!!! (I don't know anyone from either Jackson school.)

As for the Gleason/Greenfield game this past Saturday night, did Greenfield yell at the Gleason players as they left the court? YES! How do I know? My daughter was one of the ones that were yelled at. Who yelled? Most of the "words" came from the student section. How do I feel about that? They are kids! Kids will be kids. Tomorrow we will look up and see the same Greenfield/Gleason students riding in a car laughing about it.

GREENFIELDFAN, this one is for you........ GO LADY JACKETS!!!!!!!

alright...let me ask ya this :D who wants to go to MEMPHIS for a sub state game and play against a ms basketball finalist in whitney houston and make the long drive back home ? i would rather just hang out here in big ole gibson co. and watch a sub state game at home...however, no need to worry about that this year :angry:

I DO!!!!! :angry:

heavyd...the fact is no one wants to play you because ya'll are so good...not trying to get a heated discussion out of this or nothing..but when your as good as ya'll are no one wants to play you come tournament time in an elimination game...I have respect for ya'll as well as obion...i will admit i was pullin for obion just because i did not want to play ya'll again but deep down inside i really thought ya'll would have tore obion central apart and now that we are out i kind of wish westview would have made it all the way :angry: i'll let it be known now as a gibson co. fan westview was by far the best team in 13aa this year and were one of the best in the state...as i'm sure ya'll will be again next year...where will crittendon (#13 right?) be playing college ball at ?

Believe me...no heated discussion for sure. Thanks for making my point......when you are on top people just root against you for some reason, that's life and I have no problem with that.

Crittendon will be going somewhere but she will make that announcement, not me. :D

alright...let me ask ya this :D who wants to go to MEMPHIS for a sub state game and play against a ms basketball finalist in whitney houston and make the long drive back home ? i would rather just hang out here in big ole gibson co. and watch a sub state game at home...however, no need to worry about that this year :angry:

I WOULD DO IT TOMORROW!!!!!!! :D

alright...let me ask ya this :angry: who wants to go to MEMPHIS for a sub state game and play against a ms basketball finalist in whitney houston and make the long drive back home ? i would rather just hang out here in big ole gibson co. and watch a sub state game at home...however, no need to worry about that this year :angry:

No question in my mind either, I would do it.

I think it is obvious who I am and I will give a few brief comments.

First, I want to say that I was at the Lake County/Greenfield game last night. I arrived late and ended up near the end zone in the Lake County section. I didn't clap or cheer for anyone? Why? Coach T of Greenfield's grandmother is my neighbor as well as one of my church members. Some of my life long friends are from Greenfield. I ended up seated by #14 of Lake County --Sara Wallace's sister. Many of Sara's relatives (one who teaches at Gleason) are also members of our church who also attend with Coach T's grandmother. Who did I cheer for? Neither! Who will I cheer for Saturday night? Greenfield!!! (I don't know anyone from either Jackson school.)

As for the Gleason/Greenfield game this past Saturday night, did Greenfield yell at the Gleason players as they left the court? YES! How do I know? My daughter was one of the ones that were yelled at. Who yelled? Most of the "words" came from the student section. How do I feel about that? They are kids! Kids will be kids. Tomorrow we will look up and see the same Greenfield/Gleason students riding in a car laughing about it.

GREENFIELDFAN, this one is for you........ GO LADY JACKETS!!!!!!!

Good post Gene. I've enjoyed calling Meagan's games. Best of luck to her. Let's all pull together and bring back some hardware to West Tennessee.

After observing the regular season, district and regional tournaments.. it appears that no one has perfection established within their cheering sections.. obnoxious, rude and crude can be seen in all of them at times... careful.. people who live in glass houses should not throw stones....

After observing the regular season, district and regional tournaments.. it appears that no one has perfection established within their cheering sections.. obnoxious, rude and crude can be seen in all of them at times... careful.. people who live in glass houses should not throw stones....

"People who live in glass houses should not throw stones...." AND people who have glass jaws should watch their mouths... :)