Jackson North Side vs Obion County

treefitty74

:( BTW coach told me that they are very young and just barely got past Mitchell last night.. So whoever plays them(OC or North Side) will no doubt have a leg up and should have no problems..

As it relates to tonight's OC/Northside game, the Lady Rebs may wanna push the tempo, BUT do it under control and try to run the Lady Indians out of the gym..

Hardly any depth on Northside's bench..(maybe one girl will play unless players get into foul trouble :blink:

I saw Graceland last year, I don't wanna see it again :P

Let's play another one in the "PIT" ladies :thumb:

WesCharge's home away from home :(

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The team that stays out of foul trouble will have the upper hand. JNS is so big and athletic, OC's best plan will be to send those big girls to the bench. Look for the Lady Rebels to take it to the hole and initiate contact so that their deeper bench can take over. Abby and Gentry will be happy to get some kick-outs from the penetration. It won't be easy, but nothing worth having ever is.

heavyd- Where did you see Mitchell play last week? Since they beat Hillcrest in the regular season, I figured they would be in the finals of that region. Oh well.

Go Lady Rebels!!

The team that stays out of foul trouble will have the upper hand. JNS is so big and athletic, OC's best plan will be to send those big girls to the bench. Look for the Lady Rebels to take it to the hole and initiate contact so that their deeper bench can take over. Abby and Gentry will be happy to get some kick-outs from the penetration. It won't be easy, but nothing worth having ever is.

heavyd- Where did you see Mitchell play last week? Since they beat Hillcrest in the regular season, I figured they would be in the finals of that region. Oh well.

Go Lady Rebels!!

I watched them play Hillcrest last Saturday night at Westwood in Memphis......it is a different world.

This was indeed a great game to watch. Back and forth all night, OC was up early, JaxNS went up by 9 in the third, OC came back and forced OT. A great effort by the Lady Rebs. NS has a very good inside game, and man they are big. OC must now make the trip to Memphis, and fight it out with Hillcrest. OC will have to play very well, but they have been there and know what to expect. Hillcrest is quick and can shoot the three, it will take a solid effort to get the win. Load up and make the trip, and support these young ladies, it should be a good one. Again great effort last night, and while it would have been nice to have had one more game at the PIT, a trip to the 'boro is still there, so let's go get it.

GO LADY REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by VOREBS

Great Game. I have to say that this game should not have been as close as it was. This was the most poorly officated game I have EVER witnessed. Obion shot 33 free throws to NS 14. And midway through the 4th quarter its 29 free throws for OC to 7 for NS. Something about that is just wrong. But I will let it go at that. Good luck to Obion in Memphis. Great Job LadyIndians. Everyone come out and let's fill the Reservation.

Great Game. I have to say that this game should not have been as close as it was. This was the most poorly officated game I have EVER witnessed. Obion shot 33 free throws to NS 14. And midway through the 4th quarter its 29 free throws for OC to 7 for NS. Something about that is just wrong. But I will let it go at that. Good luck to Obion in Memphis. Great Job LadyIndians. Everyone come out and let's fill the Reservation.

Are You an old man because I was "jumped" by an older couple coming out of the game last night that told me they were cheated! While that may be true, Ya'll WON. Please quit complaining and enjoy the region championship. Congrats and good luck in sub state. Rep. our region well!

The foul situation was not the result of poor officiating. Obion County's gameplan was to get the Lady Indians into foul trouble. A vast majority of the fouls called were obvious. OC was constantly driving to the basket and forcing NS to stop them. This resulted in a greater number of fouls. The Lady Indians were patient enough to pass the ball inside so that their towering post players could get a shot. Many of these times, NS had such good position OC could only watch the shot fall through.

As far as the game should not have been that close, you are right. The Lady Rebels usually shoot MUCH better from the free throw line, so there could have easily been no overtime. This was a game that could have gone either.

Let it go and enjoy the win. Maybe we can meet again in Murfreesboro.

Go Lady Rebels!!!

NS could have definately been competitive. OC finished the regular season in 4th place and came in 3rd in the district tournament, so NS could have been right in the mix. I doubt, however, that they would have sailed through the district undefeated like they did in 14AA. But, that's neither here nor there.....

Congrats to both teams. Lets shoot for a rematch, say on Saturday at 6:45???

Go Lady Rebs!!!

Edited by PowerSet