Sophmore Pitchers

DukeRules12

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NO DOUBT!!! anyone know how he is doing after taking the foul ball off his face at hardin county???

He'll be fine..I heard he should be pitching soon. But yeh, it amazes me that no one knows about this kid. Maybe posters are just posting about their hometown pitchers, but Sonny is one of the best pitchers in the state, and without a doubt the best sophomore in TN, pitching, fielding, and batting..HANDS DOWN! If anyone has seen this kid play than I'm sure some folks would agree with me.

Rockwood has a duo of great young pitchers Colden Cooper and Zach Duncan. Duncan can bring the heat .while Cooper has a nasty curveball and awesome slider. The duo is awesome cooper is 2-1 and duncan is 1-1 with a couple of no decisions. their last district games duncan threw a no hitter and cooper threw a 2 hit shutout. The future is looking very bright for the tigers!!!! :thumb:

This may sound crazy, but Oneida has a new kid from up north who apparently hasn't played in a few years... but they claim he is as good or better than their current closer Brad Christiansen... That may not sound like much, but I plan to atleast watch the kid, who knows what he might do.

I can't believe no one is mentioning Gant at USJ. I saw him pitch one game at Covington, and I was sold!!! Then I saw him on the cover of "On the Ball" magazine. I would say he has more poise than anyone in the state,or at least the guys I've seen. Excellent control of all three pitches the night I saw him dominate a very good Covington team. Has he started to fade or something? I thought there would be a lot more buzz about him on this specific thread. I know flukes happen, but the overwhelming outing I saw would have to be the fluke of the century if he's not continuing to pitch very well!!

Edited by joe_davola

Rockwood has a duo of great young pitchers Colden Cooper and Zach Duncan. Duncan can bring the heat .while Cooper has a nasty curveball and awesome slider. The duo is awesome cooper is 2-1 and duncan is 1-1 with a couple of no decisions. their last district games duncan threw a no hitter and cooper threw a 2 hit shutout. The future is looking very bright for the tigers!!!! :lol:

correction, both r 2 and 1. duncans loss against cookeville and coopers loss against cosby