Great Sophomores

Dan Schultz from The land of Oz. I have no clue on his stats, I don't really even like playing against him. BUT the kid is a great jumper, throws it down at like 5'9 maybe 5'11. Is decent in speed, and I've seen a game where he scored 28 against one of our teams best defenders and he shot like 95%. The kid has a great family history in sports. His grandfather holds the record at UT for most made free throws in a row. The kid has a great deal of talent and seems to be a good overall kid.

i give him credit he is a good ball player but not a great one...............yet!!! But he is nowhere near as good as he father and grandfather!! Philip2003 you need to think before you say stuff!!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McMasters and here is why...

Upside

Potential

read the Unapproved Website articles on him

If you were at any of the state games and know the game of basketball you should have been greatly impressed. Yes he blocked alot of shots and grabbed a ton of rebounds but here is something you might have missed. His avg of around 5 assist a game and his ability to run the floor. In the Humboldt game he showed his athletisim, running the floor and getting nice tip slams. Those were not easy dunks even if you are 6'10. One he brought up from like his hip. Most 6'10 people can not do that.

And here is the taker... In the championship game he got a rebound, dribbled the lenght of the floor, jump stopped, and hit a long two (his foot was barely on the line) I thinnk he knocked down 2 or 3 other outside shots. If you were there you left amazed with his skill set. By the way he is 15.

All this is why I would say in tennessee he is the most heavily recruited player in class of 08.

Tim Benford-(Red Bank) 6'1 1/2, quick/athlectic, really good defensive player, can play 1st 4 positions, shoots very well from the free-throw line, good mid-range and post game, can hit the 3 if needed 42'' verticle (all district & all region)

Dominique McDuffie(Red Bank) 6'2 1/2, quick and athlethic post, can play the 3 or 4, handles the rock like a guard, nice mid-range game, can hit the 3, good post game, great leaper-44'' verticle (all district)

I am not saying this to be argumentative. I am just saying it for accuracy's sake. When you give someone's "vertical leap" it actually has to be taken in a certain way. A true vertical leap is taken from a stand still, not taking three steps and jumping. And, there is no way that either of those players have over a 40' vertical leap from a stand still. That is like superior D1 all-american ability. Not saying they don't have amazing verticals. I am sure they do. I am just pointing that out.

McMasters...HAHA.....Can't believe that he was mentioned before PHILLIP JURICK....How did that match up go when they went head to head?....Well I'll tell you.....Jurick 34pts 22Boards......McMasters ....he was screamin for help all night......My Boy Jurick is the TRUTH

You are a teenager, so I am not going to be too critical. But, if you don't realize how good McMasters is going to be from watching him then your evaluation of basketball talent is horrible.

TC Capps and Jacob Wright from Pickett Co. Capps at 6'3" outjumped 6'10" McMasters in the tip off in the substate game. Grace fans used the excuse that TC got off to a quicker jump...so what, if your center is 6'10" and can't get the tip off for whatever reason against a 6'3" player, then I'll take the 6'3" player who does win the tip. Wright went by McMasters over and over in the substate for layups. Grace had a great team and McMasters certainly is an excellent player, but Capps and Wright are terrific.