George Pitts leaving BA for KING?

krichunaka

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sports Edit / Double Play Sports Weekly's sources confirm that <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=3' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a>, head coach, George Pitts, has accepted the Head Basketball Coaching job at King College.

Details to follow.

Appears to still be in the "rumor phase". How much would the King College job pay?

I would think that BA would pay at least twice as much money as King. NAIA and D2 coaches are not well paid. There would have to be other reasons for this move.

Coach Pitts has been coaching since at least the early 70s when he was at the old Knoxville Young High School. He has more than enough years in to begin drawing retirement and then double dip at King. He was at Science Hill in nearby Johnson City for a long time. Perhaps he just wants to go home.

I do not know what all yall are talking about... he has not said anything about leaving and last night out BA's basketball banquet he was talking about the roles the people are going have next year to replace brandan and josh... so to let you all know he is not leaving...

Charlie Morgan spoke the same way. About giving kids a couple of weeks off and then having a camp....about next year meshing with some chemistry. But then again, any coach would deny it especially while the season is still in progress. I guess if it happens it will happen

I do not know what all yall are talking about... he has not said anything about leaving and last night out BA's basketball banquet he was talking about the roles the people are going have next year to replace brandan and josh... so to let you all know he is not leaving...

That was last night. This is today. A lot has changed overnight.

I am hearing they are leaving all options on the table if he does move on. I heard a couple of days ago the coach from Blackman Middle School would be a great canidate. He is a terrfic young coach that would do a fantastic job there. However, I have no idea if he would be interested in that job. I have heard that he is very happy where he is at.

What we should all realize is that rumors are rumors and until an official announcement is made it should be treated as a rumor that may not be true.

I wish BA the best of luck eitehr way.