Wayne Co. vs. Clay Co.

UCSportsFan

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those heights seem stretched to me. I saw Clay Co. play....I know PC listed Bailey as 6'3" last year. He is listed as 6'0'' on UT Martin's basketball squad which is probably acurate since they probably actually measure them.

Heights aren't stretched trust me Clay is going by last year's heights and as we all know kids grow.

Edited by Old School Baller 24

Wayne Co. by 3...Just wait till yall see CJ Hammack play he will amaze you with his speed.

It's about time someone mentioned C.J.s name.He is the best athlete in the whole tournament, by far.Led the state in every classification in rushing in football.And he has got to have led the state in steals.A true 4.5 in the forty and he is just fun to watch.I promise you he will run circles around those kids from Clay Co. if he stays out of foul trouble.He is that good.Gets it done real quite like! Always grinning when he plays because he know he is so much faster and quicker.Oh and by the way he shoots the 3 pretty decent too.

This is a great 1st round matchup. Waynce Co. will probably take this one because of their play in the paint. Clay can't match-up with both Doyle and Hammonds. And, I think Wayne Co. guards are athletic enough to control the guard play of Clay Co. Close game though...coin flip pretty much.

Clay County doesn't have a lot of real height but I don't think Clay will have a problem playing D in the paint. Dustin Rich always gets a lot of blocks and I'm sure Jake Hewitt will come out and play great D just like he did on Skogen in the second half of the Temple game. All we have to do is box out and force mistakes.

Yea you are right Clay don't have alot of height at all but Jake Hewitt will stay with thoses post I don't care how tall they are and how quick they are some how or another JAKE HEWITT will get the job done cause he stays with them like glue!!! GOOD LUCK BOYS and have alot of fun out there doing what yall do BEST!!! :thumb:

Edited by Halftime15

Here we go, for the first time ever we're in the Boro in back-to-back years, and I know we're not going to Murfreesboro on Wednesday to stay for a day and be done. That was the days when we were working on getting closer each and every year. You can talk about athleticism of guards all day, but our guards are as good as anyone's. CJ's speed, Beckham's offesnive ability, Daniel Warren coming off the bench and being a huge boost, and my boy #23 AJ Bell is the man you got to play defense on. Our post players are great, Daniel Doyle is money from the free throw line and a good shooter, and Hammonds is a beast in the paint.

Obviously, everyone's good to make it this far, but I'm going with my boys from Wayne County. They were here last year, made it to the final four. They know what it's like to be the underdogs and they be fine. We'll all be there in full force Wednesday morning.