Cosby! Bring home the GOLD.

REBELRON

I'm not sure what video you were watching if you thoguht #20 was playing like he's capable of...That was one of his worst shooting performances of the season...the kid couldn't get anything to drop...I guess if you saw the Middle College tape, then you could come to the conclusion that he isn't a good shooter, because he didn't really play well then either...but, if you saw the Cosby game, then you know what kind of shooter he is...He's not just a great shooter, but a very, very good shooter...anyone from UC can testify to this...so, the game you saw him play against Grace was very sub-par...but, it is true that, as a team, Humboldt is not that great shooting wise...But, they've obviously been able to score a lot of points averaging over 70 a game...

Everyone in West Tenn.knows that Smith can light it from from downtown and that he is a great player!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on a great season Cosby! I missed the game Wednesday but I saw the rest of the games. The Refs seemed like they were making good calls through the whole tourny, that can't be used as an excuse. Also Cosby WAS NOT overrated I've said this 100 times before west Tn. is an different breed of basketball. Cosby had not been playing teams of that level all year. A couple of tougher teams on the schedule would have been a benefit to this years cause. Cosby didn't play their best ball thats true, but I'm sure that had alot to do with Humboldt. Had Cosby been able to play some better teams through the season maybe that would have been a difference maker. I guess its time to put Science Hill and Greeneville on the schedule. :lol:

Congrats on a great season Cosby! I missed the game Wednesday but I saw the rest of the games. The Refs seemed like they were making good calls through the whole tourny, that can't be used as an excuse. Also Cosby WAS NOT overrated I've said this 100 times before west Tn. is an different breed of basketball. Cosby had not been playing teams of that level all year. A couple of tougher teams on the schedule would have been a benefit to this years cause. Cosby didn't play their best ball thats true, but I'm sure that had alot to do with Humboldt. Had Cosby been able to play some better teams through the season maybe that would have been a difference maker. I guess its time to put Science Hill and Greeneville on the schedule. :(

Putting Greeneville or Science Hill on the schedule would be suicide for next season. Losing the talent Cosby did, it would be a mistake to do that.

They should keep the Morristown East, Cherokee kind of teams. Rutledge, Pigeon Forge as well. Maybe try to add a Knox Catholic, or a Knox West or Powell (thats really pushing it) if they're wanting to play top competiton.

Play some athletic teams, at least. Because you're gonna face them if you make it to Murfreesboro.

The officials didnt make the difference in the game. No way one can say that when you lose by 20, shoot poorly, get outrebounded at a 2:1 clip and out-scored 23-7 in second-chance points....But Cosby had the same crew from the AAA finals, and they were not impressive in either game I saw them, but cosby didnt benefit from the phyiscal play - and they knew they wouldn't going in.

Putting Greeneville or Science Hill on the schedule would be suicide for next season. Losing the talent Cosby did, it would be a mistake to do that.

They should keep the Morristown East, Cherokee kind of teams. Rutledge, Pigeon Forge as well. Maybe try to add a Knox Catholic, or a Knox West or Powell (thats really pushing it) if they're wanting to play top competiton.

Yeah ...I know they would get killed against that caliber of teams thats what the little goofy face was for... sarcasm. Wiggins is a D1 player for sure, if Hamilton isn't gonna stop him then Cosby or anyone from this side of the state isn't going to. It would be nice for the guys to get into a mid season tourny with some bigger teams though don't you think?

Yeah ...I know they would get killed against that caliber of teams thats what the little goofy face was for... sarcasm. Wiggins is a D1 player for sure, if Hamilton isn't gonna stop him then Cosby or anyone from this side of the state isn't going to. It would be nice for the guys to get into a mid season tourny with some bigger teams though don't you think?

dont know where they'd find that.

Arbys Classic isnt going to happen. And won't work for Cosby.

There are the little tourneys like the Carter Classic and Union County - but nothing that offers that great of competition.

I'd like to see them hit a tourney outside the area like they did two years ago in Oneonta, Alabama - or perhaps get together with some of the other better Class A schools in TN and put together their own tourney

There are the little tourneys like the Carter Classic and Union County - but nothing that offers that great of competition.

I'd like to see them hit a tourney outside the area like they did two years ago in Oneonta, Alabama - or perhaps get together with some of the other better Class A schools in TN and put together their own tourney

They played Cherokee & Rutledge in Union County's Tournament. Plus a good Kentucky team called Raceland, so why would you want them to keep Cherokee & Rutledge, but not play at a tournament that has "...nothing that offers that great of competition." that has the same teams you want them to keep? Sounds like your confused.

Yeah Cosby playing in the Arby's Classic would do nothing but kill confidence...not saying the guys can't play but the east Tn. teams are usually the ones taking the 30 point beatings by some other schools B squad. Something out of state or getting together their own tourny together would be great. You know anyone with some media connections who could find out more about these things :unsure: ? Next year should be more competative all around for the Eagles but playing good teams is only going to make them better.

They played Cherokee & Rutledge in Union County's Tournament. Plus a good Kentucky team called Raceland, so why would you want them to keep Cherokee & Rutledge, but not play at a tournament that has "...nothing that offers that great of competition." that has the same teams you want them to keep? Sounds like your confused.

I think they should keep those two TN teams on the schedule in a home and home, but look elsewhere for tournament competiton.

Thats what I was looking to convey, but - sorry if I confused you.

Yeah Cosby playing in the Arby's Classic would do nothing but kill confidence...not saying the guys can't play but the east Tn. teams are usually the ones taking the 30 point beatings by some other schools B squad. Something out of state or getting together their own tourny together would be great. You know anyone with some media connections who could find out more about these things ;) ? Next year should be more competative all around for the Eagles but playing good teams is only going to make them better.

I would like to see Cosby develop their own invitational tourney. Invite the top and most prestigious Class A schools around the state - Western Middle and Eastern TN.

Make it like a mini's Arby's Classic, or something that rivals the Ladies Classic in Greeneville.

Make it a championship tournament - with three guaranteed games. Sort of like the Maui Invitational. Gives the teams a championship to shoot for, and guaranteed games without the stupid round-robin (no one wins squat) tournament.

I'm sure with a little work this could be something of value.

The only downfall would be gym size at Cosby. But then again, smaller gyms,huge crowds and class A hoops go together.