Region 4-3A

War Eagles

This is what I think the order of the region will end at the end of the 2006-2007 football campain:

REGION 4-3A

1. Pearl Cohn

2. Sycamore

3. White House

4. Station Camp

5. Greenbrier

6. Macon Co.

7. Dekalb Co.

Look for Sycamore to make a deep run in the 2006 playoff (if everybody is healthy) . Sycamore returns several starters this year. Austin Lohin (QB/DB) is the playmaker on this Sycamore team and he has a great ability to run the ball (4.5 40) and pass the ball too. Lohin also plays on defense too and is just a great athlete. He should get several picks this year. John Clanton and Zach Holden are the two receivers Sycamore will rely on this year. Both are very quick and fast. Willie Vanderford (TE/DE) is a great player on both sides of the ball. Willie can catch the ball good and get several sacks, too. Look for other players such as Keely Ray(best TE in region), Derek Cannon, Matt Carrigan, Dallas Beerman, and David Lane to make big impacts on the gridiron, too.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catfish-hunter

Very good prediction!

Again I'll say that I like PC because they have a great player at quarterback in Mason and three big physical receivers in Gupton, Gordon, and Mason (team's leading receiver in '04 returns). I know that they lose a legend on the sidelines in Fitzgerald and a 1,200 yard back in Bobby Council but expect for Brunetti to keep things pretty much the same at PC and the Firbebirds have several capable backs to replace Council. White House is my #2 pick, despite losing Mr. Football (aka Mr. Everything) RB Ricky Ladd, because some of the things that were early weaknesses for the Blue Devils early last year (which was why they started terrible) are going to be team strengths this year. WH will be very experienced up front and despite losing Ladd they have a very capable replacement in Justin West. Sycamore is the team that will be greatly improved this year. Last year Sycamore just wasn't tough enough to play in this difficult region and despite having good skill players they were physically beat up on every week against the likes of PC, WH, Greenbrier, and Macon Co. This year Sycamore too will be experienced up front and last year's quarterback controversy will be solved by the end of spring drills. Like War Eagles said expect Austin Lohin to get the nod at that position. John Clanton, Zach Holden, Corey Carrigan, and Matt Carrigan will makeup a terrific group of receivers for Lohin to get the ball to. Despite losing their entire starting offensive backfield yet again the Greenbrier Bobcats will be a playoff team. Expect for Grogan to get the nod at quarterback for the Bobcats and others who should make up the starting backfield for Kirk Williams include Ty Lynch, Jody Dorris, and Ryan Dickerson (an all region performer at linebacker from a year ago). Station Camp is a team that I have on the outside looking in once playoff time arrives HOWEVER they are a team that could very easily be a playoff contender. They return the top duo in the backfield in this entire region in Randall Toney and Edward Wynn (who they'll have for the entire season this year after he transferred from Hendersonville a year ago). Macon Co. became a the region's suprise team last year when they rallied in the second half to beat Station Camp and shutout Sycamore to qualify for the state playoffs. That was about the same time that Keith Kirby was inserted as the team's starting quarterback last year. He'll be back to lead the Tigers this year and if Macon can find a back to replace Michael Dallas then they'll be a playoff contender once again in '06. The defense should be a team strength once again seeing as the Tigers return Jonathan Hudson at linebacker (he was among the state's leaders in overall tackles last year). DeKalb Co. rounds out the region and they're the only team that I expect not to be contending for a playoff spot this season. Steve Trapp inherited a tough situation in Smithville and it will at least take two more years to get that program back to playoff contention. Expect running back Corey Cripps, who rushed for 400 yards last year, to be a bright spot for this football team this upcoming season.

If macon county can replace dallas there should be fine . Hudson is going to be the backbone of this team , he was on the team whenever they went to the semis . Another underestimated player on the Macon Co. Squad is defensiv lineman Nick Hall he provides a solid pass rush and is a beast against the run. I have some doubts in Kirby his best receiver I think is gone with Dustan Johnson ,as he is about to graduate . Johnson was one of the few receivers in this region who could catch the ball in traffic and provided solid yardage after the catch . All in all i think the tigers will make the playoffs .

Guest catfish-hunter

With 20 seniors back I have a hard time seeing Sycamore finishing 6th. What is your reasoning for this ranking?

Easy Now!!! Everyone is entitled to an opinion :thumb:

I know that you aren't a big fan of Sycamore whatsoever GreenbrierCat2 but what makes you think Greenbrier is going to finish #2 over White House?????

Before you say that White House loses Ladd let me point out that Greenbrier loses Herndon, Pigg, and Dill. It will be "Senior Night" in White House when these two teams play in week ten. It's one of the better rivalries across the entire state.

Edited by catfish-hunter

Guest catfish-hunter

1.) Pearl-Cohn

2.) White House

3.) Greenbrier

4.) Sycamore

5.) Station Camp

6.) Macon Co.

7.) DeKalb Co.

How good is 3-3A gonna be this year Polk????? I know Polk Co. was a solid 8-2 bunch that lost to a very good #3 seed in White House (the Blue Devils were one bad quarter away from the state semifinals last year). ND was also a very good football team but they were also very experienced (the same can be said for East Ridge). I read on the other thread that someone said Meigs Co. was a suprise last year (they went 7-3 and lost to Greenbrier) but what do they have coming back????? Can anyone else like McMinn or Howard step up and contend in that region this year???????

How good is 3-3A gonna be this year Polk????? I know Polk Co. was a solid 8-2 bunch that lost to a very good #3 seed in White House (the Blue Devils were one bad quarter away from the state semifinals last year). ND was also a very good football team but they were also very experienced (the same can be said for East Ridge). I read on the other thread that someone said Meigs Co. was a suprise last year (they went 7-3 and lost to Greenbrier) but what do they have coming back????? Can anyone else like McMinn or Howard step up and contend in that region this year???????

I'm not sure what all Meigs has coming back but they were definitely a tough bunch last season. Played Greenbrier surprisingly strong to be a # 4 seed. If they don't lose much, they would have to be in contention for the region.