OS vs Coalfield (3/21)

PATDbobcat

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When OS beats Coalfield they think it is a blow out, one run, one free throw, or one PAT. Wow, what an accomplishment.

Good job Jackets, you were in that game, it wasn't a blow out, wasn't gonna be, and the scrimmage score was a given to OS last week.

Smart Coaching.

os blow out coalfield in everything this year expect for tuesdays game. i aint saying that os should have blown them out because coalfield has a good team. i just think os is the better team.

When OS beats Coalfield they think it is a blow out, one run, one free throw, or one PAT. Wow, what an accomplishment.

Good job Jackets, you were in that game, it wasn't a blow out, wasn't gonna be, and the scrimmage score was a given to OS last week.

Smart Coaching.

CRYJacket (aka #1 OZ Hater),

A win is a win, but, to state that Coalfield should have won because of (2) errors by OS, is kinda stretching it! <_<

Where have I posted that I hate Oliver Springs on this thread there Catback?

I am a Coalfield fan. I also did not say that the errors were the factor. To the contrary, and Coalfield only lost by one, errors or not. Finally, it is not the town or school I find distasteful, just the attitudes I dislike. An incorperated town, with a four lane highway, fast food outlets, a major grocery store and such and you folks get on here and brag about a "blow out" against a small rural school with less than half the student population. Coalfield beat A.C. last week, that thread died a natural death though it was a good solid win against a larger opponent. Get over yourselves.

You were the one that brought out the error situation and 2 errors is not "a lot of errors" it could have bee as simple as a throw across from third in the dirt the 1st baseman got just a little leather on.

The Blowout in the scrimmage earlier posted was because of good coaching. Treece is clever enought to show what he has until he needs it. He did, and it was a one run game. According to your error theory the superior team lost because of errors, superior teams don't make many errors, especially so many the game is in jeopardy.

CYJacket, I agree with you in one area. This game was not factored by OS errors. This game was so close because OS just played down to Coalfield's level. The weather conditions were tough for both teams to play in, and I personally thought Coalfield played about as solid of a game that they are gonna play against OS. However, OS did not hit the ball the way they normally do througout the entire game, played sloppy defense, didn't have much intesity, and still won the game. That tells me that if OS plays baseball the way they can then Coalfield doesn't even make it a ballgame.

CYJacket, I agree with you in one area. This game was not factored by OS errors. This game was so close because OS just played down to Coalfield's level. The weather conditions were tough for both teams to play in, and I personally thought Coalfield played about as solid of a game that they are gonna play against OS. However, OS did not hit the ball the way they normally do througout the entire game, played sloppy defense, didn't have much intesity, and still won the game. That tells me that if OS plays baseball the way they can then Coalfield doesn't even make it a ballgame.

maybe the reason o.s. did not hit the ball well was because the coalfield pitcher had them off balance. give credit where credit is due. o.s. gets lucky enough to drop down to single a ball and now they think they are unbeatable. this makes no sense. no one brings up the fact that coalfield did not throw there best pitcher, who by the way beat o.s. last year. i know that o.s. did not throw there best pitcher either. just don't come on here and start making excuses for only beating coalfield 3-2 in a game that could have gone either way.

Truth, you just exposed the attitude I abhore from the O.S. crowd on here. They blow Coalfield out here or there, then make excuse on a 1 run win because they "played down to Coalfield's level." What a tackey remark. Coalfield played up to O.S.'s level and it wasn't a far trip for either team. The pairing in this match up is pretty good. A good pitcher can keep the other team from "hitting their usual" and the above statement regarding the O.S. team not hitting their usual shows little knowledge about baseball. If the opinion is based on the scrimage where the score was lopsided, that was a designed game to not show what is really in the dugout at Coalfield til need be.

As to the weather, yeah it probably did drag both teams down since it is muddy and raining on both dugouts. Probably did help O.S. though, they are used to playing when their field is under water.

Edited by CYJacket

do you know the % of a team that makes more than one error a game 1 out of 10 teams has a winning record. Now if you think OZ has a chance with the way they play "MAKING ERRORS" do you think they can can win a state title!?? Don't think so!! not to mention they dont have the best pitching staff either.