AAA championship game

UCSportsFan

This was a great game and after reading a former thread that was shut down i felt a desire to talk about "the game" and none of that chidish stuff. I am not from Shelbyville as a matter of fact anyone that knows me knows that i am from Jackson County. The game was a classic and one that could have went either way. It took alot of guts to make that call at the end of regulation but the replay showed it was the right call. The officials didn't decide the outcome of the game they let the players do it and thats all you can ask for in a game of this magnitude. For a player to step up and nail 3 foul shots to send it into overtime with no time remaining speaks volumes about that person. Memphis has some big time players as well and in the end they made one more play than Shelbyville did and that was the difference in the game. However Shelbyville earned respect and proved that they are as good as anyone and better than most. Congrats on a well deserved Silver ball and Congrats to Memphis Hamilton on a well deserved Gold ball. :thumb:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I definitely have to reiterate what you have said in your post. Both teams left it all on the floor last night. Two classy coaches with 2 well-disciplined teams. This is what sports is meant to be like. Folk sure got their money's worth at this one. Congrats to both teams for representing Tn so well.

The REFS left it on the floor also. but good game from stewart and twilly and shelbyville they took advantage of the opprotunities given to them.

I definitely have to reiterate what you have said in your post. Both teams left it all on the floor last night. Two classy coaches with 2 well-disciplined teams. This is what sports is meant to be like. Folk sure got their money's worth at this one. Congrats to both teams for representing Tn so well.

cant say I agree with your comment on two classy coaches. In fact there was only one classy coach out there and I think we all know who that was. There is no way someone ought to be allowed to act like that.

Siegel[/url'>Nation07' post='825994860' date='Mar 19 2006 - 09:38 AM']

The REFS left it on the floor also. but good game from stewart and twilly and shelbyville they took advantage of the opprotunities given to them.

The refs were inconsistant both ways. It was 5-2 fouls in favor of Hamilton in the 3rd quarter and Shelbyville didn't attempt a 1-1 until the 1st OT yet Hamilton was the aggressor. On both ends there would be touch fouls called, then hammering going on with no-calls, then touch fouls not called and then called again...VERY inconsistant. But was one heck of a game. Glad to see someone point out it was maybe and over and back call and not out of bounds.

cant say I agree with your comment on two classy coaches. In fact there was only one classy coach out there and I think we all know who that was. There is no way someone ought to be allowed to act like that.

He was pouting like a baby, watched the tv replay when i got home....BUT I'll have to defend him, he thought he won a championship and then was told he may not have. I saw him acting like a kid after the game, trowing the ball up and trotting off the court yelling and carrying on, I thought that was funny....Great game though, wish that shot had gone in....2 guys running at him oh so close.

Big time players show up for big time games. There were several on the floor tonight. To bad that shot did not fall.

Hamilton, congrats to yall

Shelbyville, way to finally show tennessee how good you guys really are.

Maybe now college scouts will see how good Twilley and Stewart are.

I am glad I was part of one of the greatest games that has ever been played in the state of tennessee.

BOTH TEAMS DESERVED A GOLD BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:

Big time players show up for big time games. There were several on the floor tonight. To bad that shot did not fall.

I am glad I was part of one of the greatest games that has ever been played in the state of tennessee.

I agree.

The refs were inconsistant both ways. It was 5-2 fouls in favor of Hamilton in the 3rd quarter and Shelbyville didn't attempt a 1-1 until the 1st OT yet Hamilton was the aggressor. On both ends there would be touch fouls called, then hammering going on with no-calls, then touch fouls not called and then called again...VERY inconsistant. But was one heck of a game. Glad to see someone point out it was maybe and over and back call and not out of bounds.

Speaking of over and back. Made me think, was there a foul called tonight of over the[/u] back?????

Edited by bballrocks

I agree.....

randymc, wasn't at the game only saw what TV showed me. I could see where the Hamilton coach would be upset. He could have made it worse and gotten T'd but he instead had the good sense to go to the bench. I think that took some guts and restraint myself. I saw nothing of the after game celebrations. I liked the obvious affection that he seemed to have for his players. I liked how Thomas treated his boys too. Very sad to see that someone had to lose this one, but it is refreshing to see coaches that genuinely care about their players.

Edited by 2priceless

2 terribler calls that stood out in my mind...

1- the guy from hamilton didnt step out of bounds that 1 time at the end.

2-Twilleys 3rd or 4th foul when he drove and got it stolen and they called a foul on twilley.

Overall the refs were terrible all through the state tourny.

I started out solidly pulling for Shelbyville (as a representative of Middle TN) but, because of some of the most puzzling calls I have ever seen, found myself feeling sorry for Hamilton. I was actually relieved when Stewarts final shot at the buzzer failed to connect.

The foul on Stewart at the end of the 1st overtime was probably a foul but had not been called a foul all night. Both teams just absolutely hammered each other and then this call was made. I don't blame the Hamiilton coach for pouting but I found myself thinking he better straighten up and coach.

The out of bounds call late in the 2nd overtime bordered on cheating. I don't see over-and-back as a way to defend the call and the guys foot (or ball) never came within 6 inches of the sideline. I understand why a referee will miss a call now and then. They see something and they call it. However, in this case, there was nothing to see. How do you call something you don't see? Got to wonder about that one.

Anyway, I thought it was one of the most entertaining games I have witnessed. Shelbyville surely won over the Siegel posters and Hamilton proved they are for real. Other than Hamilton players jacking up shots with a 6 point lead in the last minute of regulation, I thought it was a well coached and well played game.