AAA championship game

UCSportsFan

I agree.....

randymc, wasn't at the game only saw what TV showed me. I could see where the Hamilton coach would be upset. He could have made it worse and gotten T'd but he instead had the good sense to go to the bench. I think that took some guts and restraint myself. I saw nothing of the after game celebrations. I liked the obvious affection that he seemed to have for his players. I liked how Thomas treated his boys too. Very sad to see that someone had to lose this one, but it is refreshing to see coaches that genuinely care about their players.

Heck of a good game to be at, glad I was there.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone else notice the coaching job that Hamiltons coach did? Hamilton had a 6 point lead in regulation with one minute to go and his players were shooting 3 pointers? There were other occasions late in the game and in OT where Hamilton had the lead and the ball and were shooting as if they were behind :thumb: . Hamilton was lucky they had enough talent to overcome and still get the win. Most coaches I know would have been running clock getting the other team to foul and this game would have NEVER went into overtime.

Congrats to Hamilton on their championship and to Shelbyville on a great season.

Anyway, I thought it was one of the most entertaining games I have witnessed. Shelbyville surely won over the Siegel posters and Hamilton proved they are for real. Other than Hamilton players jacking up shots with a 6 point lead in the last minute of regulation, I thought it was a well coached and well played game.

This and taking the layup when they were up 1 with seconds left that gave stewart the chance for the 3 and the 2nd one which he was fould on was not very smart.

I have an officiating question. Why, after Twilly hit the 3 to send it to the first overtime, was Hamilton awarded the ball at midcourt?

If I remember correctly, Hamilton called timeout and 2.9 seconds were put back on the clock. I don't remember Hamilton ever inbounding the ball immediately after

Twilly's shot (if they had, the clock would have run out.) I thought Hamilton should have inbounded the ball under Shelbyville's basket.

What did I miss?

Edited by dawbsitw

Did anyone else notice the coaching job that Hamiltons coach did? Hamilton had a 6 point lead in regulation with one minute to go and his players were shooting 3 pointers? There were other occasions late in the game and in OT where Hamilton had the lead and the ball and were shooting as if they were behind :thumb: . Hamilton was lucky they had enough talent to overcome and still get the win. Most coaches I know would have been running clock getting the other team to foul and this game would have NEVER went into overtime.

Congrats to Hamilton on their championship and to Shelbyville on a great season.

well if u seen hamilton play greenville earlier they kept on shootin 3s and just scorin if u ask me hamilton had a bad game..

I have an officiating question. Why, after Twilly hit the 3 to send it to the first overtime, was Hamilton awarded the ball at midcourt?

If I remember correctly, Hamilton called timeout and 2.9 seconds were put back on the clock. I don't remember Hamilton ever inbounding the ball immediately after

Twilly's shot (if they had, the clock would have run out.) I thought Hamilton should have inbounded the ball under Shelbyville's basket.

What did I miss?

Well, we know the refs didn't have much of a clue all game...I looked at the clock when Twilley hit the shot, it was about 3.4 so IF they called timeout with 2.9, (which watching the tape last night it was about 1.4 or whatever time the clock keeper did actually stop the clock at) they should have had it on the base line with 2.9 (in reality it should have been sideline with about 1.4) either way the messed both up.

Well, we know the refs didn't have much of a clue all game...I looked at the clock when Twilley hit the shot, it was about 3.4 so IF they called timeout with 2.9, (which watching the tape last night it was about 1.4 or whatever time the clock keeper did actually stop the clock at) they should have had it on the base line with 2.9 (in reality it should have been sideline with about 1.4) either way the messed both up.

I also noticed that, I wish they could get some decent refs for the state tourney next year. They called no over the backs on either team all night.

What about when the horn blew after play had started. The ref, the one that called the foul on the 3, wasn't going to stop the action until he saw the SCHS player dribble the ball across the midcourt line. It should have been a backcourt violation, but he used the inadvertant horn as a way to bail out SCHS.

3 things:

--- Foul on the 3 at the horn--It looked pretty clean to me.

--- Above mentioned backcourt/bailout

--- Out of bounds call---pathetic

I'm not a fan of either team but it looked like the stripes were doing everything they could to get SCHS to win that game.

TSSAA officials need to look hard a this one.

What about when the horn blew after play had started. The ref, the one that called the foul on the 3, wasn't going to stop the action until he saw the SCHS player dribble the ball across the midcourt line. It should have been a backcourt violation, but he used the inadvertant horn as a way to bail out SCHS.

3 things:

--- Foul on the 3 at the horn--It looked pretty clean to me.

--- Above mentioned backcourt/bailout

--- Out of bounds call---pathetic

I'm not a fan of either team but it looked like the stripes were doing everything they could to get SCHS to win that game.

TSSAA officials need to look hard a this one.

I just reqwatched the sequences in question: The foul at the horn was definately a foul, whistle goes off right before the buzzer.

The inadvertant horn was called by the taller white ref, the slimmer one (calls our district) is the one that made the 3 point foul call. It wasn't the ref's fault, it was the clock keeper....they ref had to call it, especially when he lost the ball.

Hamilton was neither out of bounds or over and back on the last call....but they probably would have shot it anyway , they did earlier....lol anyway was a terrible call.

Edited by randymc