Attendance at State Tourney

Guest Cutters Crazies

Guest Cutters Crazies

- 41,225: Total attendance for the six sessions at this year's tournament.

- 3,428: Increase in attendance from last year's total of 37,797.

TSSAA still say attendance was down?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dare_2_dream

- 41,225: Total attendance for the six sessions at this year's tournament.

- 3,428: Increase in attendance from last year's total of 37,797.

TSSAA still say attendance was down?

nice turn out for the games i must say. i know the championship game was packed and seats were rare.

nice turn out for the games i must say. i know the championship game was packed and seats were rare.

Just think about this....Had Union City won their region,like Middleton did..Then would have squared off in the title game instead of the sub-state game and had Liberty and Bolivar squared off for Round V of their war and maybe a Siegel and Shelbyville played in the AAA game,the tournament would have SHATTERED previous records...Last year that arena EMPTIED out when the 1A and 2A game ended..You could almost hear a pin drop for Jax N-S and Ridgeway...

Just think about this....Had Union City won their region,like Middleton did..Then would have squared off in the title game instead of the sub-state game and had Liberty and Bolivar squared off for Round V of their war and maybe a Siegel and Shelbyville played in the AAA game,the tournament would have SHATTERED previous records...Last year that arena EMPTIED out when the 1A and 2A game ended..You could almost hear a pin drop for Jax N-S and Ridgeway...

I will agree on that and for this year after BOLIVAR lost to MITCHELL the gym got empty as well and I was there THURS and FRI. both days the gym was so so. But just think as we speak time and time again BOLIVAR has in my opinion the best fan support in WEST TN. If, in which we didn't bet MITCHELL that gym would have been slammed to see BOLIVAR AND LIBERTY go at it for the G/BALL

LIBERTY don't think wrong there is a lot of respect coming out of BOLIVAR for you guys and don't think different. What I want you guys to do is to enjoy the ride that winning the goldball has put you on.

Good job from another BOLIVAR FAN

Until next year C U THEN, hopefully one more good year for the both of us

Why does the attendance depend on who is playing? Why can't the tourney draw more basketball fans like the state of Kentucky? As I said in an earlier statement, the sweet sixteen in Rupp Arena drew 56,000 Plus fans for the first round alone. That does not count the quarterfinal games or the semifinal games or the championship.

Guest Cutters Crazies

Why does the attendance depend on who is playing? Why can't the tourney draw more basketball fans like the state of Kentucky? As I said in an earlier statement, the sweet sixteen in Rupp Arena drew 56,000 Plus fans for the first round alone. That does not count the quarterfinal games or the semifinal games or the championship.

People are uninterested unless its there team. Put Siegel in the finals place is packed. Put a team from West TN besides Bolivar and Union City....place is empty. Fans in tennessee dont follow and travel with their team nearly as well as states like kentucky.

Guest dare_2_dream

People are uninterested unless its there team. Put Siegel in the finals place is packed. Put a team from West TN besides Bolivar and Union City....place is empty. Fans in tennessee dont follow and travel with their team nearly as well as states like kentucky.

them siegel boys travel pretty well.

Thats not completely true. I know at least 3 guys who attended the entire week and their team was back at home. I'm sure there were a lot more who did the same. Also there were several who attended the final day who didn't have a team playing, they are just great high scholl bball fans. I don't know about the whole week, but Saturday the Murphy Center was pretty full. I had to find a new seat everytime I got up to do anything.