Maryville or Riverdale

mikey65

the difference in what those schools have done compared to riverdale is that riverdale is half the age of most of those school and riverdale is one of 4 schools in its city.

I really do not think the age of a school matters since Ravenwood won it all last year. I am not sure how many other schools are in Marvull but I know now that D-B is one of 3 schools in Kingsport.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really do not think the age of a school matters since Ravenwood won it all last year. I am not sure how many other schools are in Marvull but I know now that D-B is one of 3 schools in Kingsport.

so if one school has been playing for 50-60 years you dont think they may have had more opportunities to win championships than a school who has only been playing for 35 years?

The big city media and locals might think so but in terms of wins and more importantly championships they are no where near what Maryville, Oak Ridge and DB have accomplished over the past 25 years.

FBE,

What are the numbers of championships that you show for those four schools over the last 25 years? According to the TSSAA, they are:

Maryville 6 (all at 4A or AA)

Riverdale 4

Oak Ridge 1

Dobyns-Bennet 0

Are you going by the polls during the season? After the playoffs, Riverdale stacks up pretty good. How do you say that Riverdale is "no way near" what OR and DB have accomplished over the last 25 years? Please share the basis for you assessment.

We really can't compare 4A and 5A but here seems to be a good basis for comparing these large schools?

so if one school has been playing for 50-60 years you dont think they may have had more opportunities to win championships than a school who has only been playing for 35 years?

[/quote

I was talking about results, not opputunities. Every school has a chance to win, but we all know there are schools that never will know matter how old they are.

FBE,

What are the numbers of championships that you show for those four schools over the last 25 years? According to the TSSAA, they are:

Maryville 6 (all at 4A or AA)

Riverdale 4

Oak Ridge 1

Dobyns-Bennet 0

Are you going by the polls during the season? After the playoffs, Riverdale stacks up pretty good. How do you say that Riverdale is "no way near" what OR and DB have accomplished over the last 25 years? Please share the basis for you assessment.

We really can't compare 4A and 5A but here seems to be a good basis for comparing these large schools?

[/quoteI will have to dig to come up with Riverdales #'s and get my old Maryville stuff out, for the past 25 years. How old is Riverdale? What is the win/loss/Championship/play-off record past 25 or 10 years?

I agree with the other above poster, if a school is 50-60 years old they have had more chances to win championships. Past 10 years Riverdale does not compair with Maryville in terms of wins/championships. But then no one else does ether!

There is little difference in 4A from 5A or in some cases.schools 3A in my opinion. 2A and 1A in Tennessee is not very competive in my opinion as well but that is just my opinion. I'll get some numbers/facts and get back to you.

Past 10 years Riverdale does not compair with Maryville in terms of wins/championships.

Comparing the two schools, Maryville wins the championship battle over the last ten seasons (6-3), but Riverdale wins the wins/record battle (128-12 for RHS, 126-16 for MHS).

Edited by rollredroll

Okkkkay. now add this into the mix. 'Who' did each respective schools play?

For instance I know Maryville played Alcoa. While a strong program, it is after all 2A. What about the other teams they played?

Now take Riverdale's schedule and see how strong it was. While they won big in alot of games, they did make the effort to go out of state and take on a tough opponent in Ohio.

Both programs are tough and it showed in their both being ranked nationally at the end of the season. They BOTH win consistantly and usually by BIG margins.

Will they ever play each other? I sincerely hope so and would pay big money to see the game where ever it was held. I would hope the first one would be on a neutral site like at Tn Tech so fans from BOTH schools could easily make the trip and support their teams.