MidTennFootball

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To clarify the truth on Coach Whited, there is no doubt that he was a very good coach. However, he did resign in the lockerroom after a 20+ point loss to Riverdale that was only the 2nd loss of the season to that point, that is a FACT.The team then lost several games from that point on that year. The two state championships were nice but both years they lost during the course of the tournament, 1998 to Columbia(region) and then again to Columbia (regional and sectionals) in 1999. However in 1999 they did defeat Columbia in the state championship game. An asterik should be put by those teams who lose during the tournament but still 'win' the state championship, but the system is what it is. In both years I felt that 3-A was down from what it had been, especially 1998. Having followed White County teams for over 40 years, Coach Whited had more talent in his 6 years at White County than in the other 35+ years combined. He did alot with it also. That was followed by some years where the talent was as bad as I had ever seen it, which I know was a reason that Whited got out of coaching, I probably would have gotten out too.

Guest dare_2_dream

To clarify the truth on Coach Whited, there is no doubt that he was a very good coach. However, he did resign in the lockerroom after a 20+ point loss to Riverdale that was only the 2nd loss of the season to that point, that is a FACT.The team then lost several games from that point on that year. The two state championships were nice but both years they lost during the course of the tournament, 1998 to Columbia(region) and then again to Columbia (regional and sectionals) in 1999. However in 1999 they did defeat Columbia in the state championship game. An asterik should be put by those teams who lose during the tournament but still 'win' the state championship, but the system is what it is. In both years I felt that 3-A was down from what it had been, especially 1998. Having followed White County teams for over 40 years, Coach Whited had more talent in his 6 years at White County than in the other 35+ years combined. He did alot with it also. That was followed by some years where the talent was as bad as I had ever seen it, which I know was a reason that Whited got out of coaching, I probably would have gotten out too.

Thank you.

d2d, I believe you thinking of Keith Short, had some great teams at White County and finished his career at Riverdale, dont know how you could get Short and Whited other than that they both coached at White County. You guys need to get your facts straight before trying to defame someone

Was fortunate to have seen some of the Whited coached teams, although the talent they had at that time was prolly the best they had 20-30 years, 85 warrior isnt blowing smoke when he says he's the best in this district

Thank you.

No way this person is a White County fan. An asterik??? :o Are you freaking kidding me??? BACK to BACK state titles!!!! No fluke. No asterik. :huh: