An Oldie But Goodie: Stupid Announcer Tricks in McMinnville

DelTavian

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lilbirdie

Sidetrain, I agree with those who believe these games are minor issues in the whole scope of things. I am aware that the girls (but mostly the parents) think the games are important; however, the truth is, college sports are way over-rated. I think it is time to step back, look at the big picture, and realize how insignificant a highschool match of softball really is. I have been in their shoes, now I am a college graduate, so I should know -- and sooner or later, they will too. Maybe someday the parents will figure it out.

Guest lilbirdie

Thanks theflash... I'm glad we are in agreement. Sometimes I get the feeling that if the parents would step aside and just allow the girls to have fun (and not apply so much pressure) they might even perform a little better. Perhaps some parents are living out their own dreams through their children?????

Guest lilbirdie

footballfanatic, c'mon, man! We all know a highschool softball game is not that big of a deal. If the dudes wanna have a good time announcing, let 'em go ahead. At least it provides a little humor for everyone. I believe everyone takes this stuff a little too serious. It's not like the girls have made it to the pros yet..... or even wanna make it that far.

Dell- you said "As for all these crybaby/childish remarks I was repelling out of Blackhawks with an M-60 strapped to my back when some of you were still having to get your mammas to wipe your noses. I got your crybaby right here."

I don't have a dog in this fight. In no way should this thread be going on for a almost a month, but if the games are for fun, so should these threads & your comments are way out of line. My girl reads these threads & the thread should be over if you get so emotional to use these words.

A couple weeks ago there was a thread because some team was trying to distract it's team, making fun of. There may be no place for either, but all schools have administrators & they are responsible for the actions of it's spectators & announcers, coaches, players & even college kids that show up.

If you have a beef, call the administrator /or TSSAA & if it does not meet their approval, they will act on it. Your coach has a procedure to go through if he/she has a problem with another team. Go through the system & allow it to work.

The bottom line, no one in high school should be making fun of others. The TSSAA does not condone that & will act on it. TSSAA does not allow play-by-play in basketball or football if that is what they are doing, or coaching from a megaphone or sound system. Maybe this school has been embarressed & stopped, but if they have done something wrong, go through the system & let the system work. Best of luck through the remainder of the season. Lets all have fun-

Guest caden

Del,

been laughing at this thread for awhile just wanted you to know that the PA guy has stopped talking during the at bats of players. I heard he was reported to TSSAA and had to stop. The sports writer at the Southern Standard(newspaper in McMinnville) told me this just assuming its true:) Thought this would ease your mind and allow you to get some rest

abeb