An Oldie But Goodie: Stupid Announcer Tricks in McMinnville

DelTavian

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK ill tell you what---Ill bid 20 if it includes a free ticket to the 1st home game that you (oops not you--- but your team,nothing personal )play ,when they (TSSAA) follow all the suggestions you have made.. LOL And here is the catch----I get to pick the announcer lolol (and guess who it will be)

crazymom: If you will reread what i said, you will see that i never said the games mean nothing; what i said was that in the scope of things, they don't mean a lot. I suppose everything in this world means at least something. So in the future, please try to quote or paraphrase me correctly. Softball is fun and important to a lot of people, but it isn't gonna save the world, or your daughter's life.

I'm just gonna put my two cents worth in here, not that I really care...

CrazyMom: I believe that it was the Cleveland Browns, not the Packers who threw trash all over the field this past football season, but that's beside the point, I guess.

About this dang announcer, I'm sorry but if a little noise over a half working PA system is going to distract a pitcher and cause her to get hit by a ball, then I don't think she is ready to be out there on the mound. There are all kinds of distractions in every sport that is played. It is part of the game, and it is something that the players have to learn to deal with. If BC was playing in the tournament finals or something, then I can see tightening up on the atmosphere a little, since a lot would be at stake. But from what I can tell in this thread, almost nothing was at stake...so why not have a little fun? Sounds to me like we have some sore losers who are looking for an excuse as to why BC beat them....but that's just my opinion, now.

Well said, Raiderone, Actually, ERA, it seems to me that what Del has done has been to show himself to be somewhat childish by trying to blame something else for his team's inability to win. But that may not be all bad because the Bible says, "and a little child shall lead them...."

Some of you people are complete loons.

Did any of you read the second post in this thread? It was made by an announcer and he explained what the proper protocol is for PA announcing.

I never once tried to blame our losing the game in McMinnville (and we beat them the night before at Grundy) on the stupid announcer. Grundy lost that game because we didn't play well and Boyd played better. I've said that a couple of times at least.

As for all these crybaby/childish remarks I was repelling out of Blackhawks with an M-60 strapped to my back when some of you were still having to get your mammas to wipe your noses. I got your crybaby right here.

But you can defend the crap all you want. Those of you that think it's great can schedule 50 games down there a season. Grundy won't play there again. What the announcer did took care of that.

The three or four of you defending him can do so all you want. He was wrong and so are you.

Del. (who know's he's right and will continue to argue with the loons as long as they want.)