An Oldie But Goodie: Stupid Announcer Tricks in McMinnville

DelTavian

Rebelgirl,

Since nothing matters and it's only a game then may I suggest some more changes......

1. I propose we start selling beer at the games. The girls can drink it too of course because we're all just here to have fun...right?

2. Hey, why don't the girls go topless as well? After all, girls' sports don't mean anything anyway according to some of you so why not make it more fun for all the old codgers in the crowd. But of course no mothers or ladies would be allowed in the crowd.

3. Let's do away with the scoreboard as well. The score doesn't matter since it's just a game and they'll forget about it 10 years from now. Instead let's give them a bunch of bananas when they score a run. Then they can take them and go to the zoo and feed the monkeys while the monkeys throw doo-doo on them.

4. The games should be played after midnight with no lights. Then the teams that are lucky enough to have home games on nights when the moon is full will draw better gates...because the men can see the topless girls.

5. There should be no concession stands. Instead the "fans" can forage through the outfield for nuts and berries during the game. Of course there would be no interference calls allowed due to a girl tripping over a foraging fan while trying to catch a fly ball.

6. No regulation umpires. We'll use clowns instead. When the pitch is a strike the clown will say "Gravy". When it's a ball he'll say "Fruit Loops". Safe will be "You're a windshield." Out will be "You're a bug."

"This is Crazy?" No, but I can get that way.

Del. (who hopes that ERA, Coachk98, RHSfan and Weave have enjoyed this post.)

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey Del: We're back from boyd Christian, and we've never been treated any nicer. Del, you're gonna love this-I got something you're gonna want, but it's gonna cost you some major bucks. I got the Boyd PA announcer's autograph--he said it's the first time he's ever given an autograph. Yep, Del, this was my lucky day. The game went real smooth, no complaints from anybody, and a great time was had by all. Incidentally, Del, you indicated the girls are not there just for fun; why else are Grundy and Boyd playing other than to have fun. Also, you have not yet explained to me what "intermural" means.

Read the thread my friend. I didn't suggest an intermural league. That was joemontanaismyhero57.

I did see that you said he did not talk during the action the other night. That's good. He shouldn't have done it at our game. I hope he doesn't do it to anyone else. But I'll have to see it to believe it.

But I don't really have a problem with it anymore. Simply because we won't schedule them again. Because if we do I'll see to it that any coach that does gets fired. They can have all the "fun" down there they want from now on for all I care.

I'll just keep having fun with this thread.

Del (who hasn't written more PA script for ERA and Coachk98 yet because I've been fishing with my boy during spring break. Fishing with your kid...now there's real fun.)

Rebelgirl,

You are so right. I have no class. I don't go to school anymore so I have no class. And I don't teach school so I have no class.

Although, I was thinking of going back for my masters so I might have class again. I'll keep you posted

Del (who talks a lot when his son is fishing, but not that much when I'm getting out a tangle in his line.)

theFlash,

Do I want to buy it....Hummmm.....let me see.....

Autographs I already have...Peyton Manning, Arn Anderson, Mick Foley, Nitro Girl-Spice, Gordon Solie, and various senators and congressmen....and President George Bush Sr.

Will silly announcer for Boyd fit that group??????

Nah. That doesn't even rise to a level of a Nitro Girl, much less a wrestler.

Put it on ebay and see what you can get for it.

Del (who has to leave for the Border War now.)