An Oldie But Goodie: Stupid Announcer Tricks in McMinnville

DelTavian

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait...before this thread dies I must have a word...I CANT BELIEVE THIS IS THE 1ST TIME TO CLICK ON THIS THREAD!!!!!!! Where have I been? This is the once again a Del classic. I almost had to be taken to the hospital because my wife thought I was having a spell. I think I need to print the first post to keep. It is too funny. So thanks Del for this GOLD thread.

Fan(who cant remember anything long enough to post something so good...what was this thread about again?)

Fanman,

I agree. Where have you been? Glad you enjoyed the first post. There's several more in the thread you'd probably like. And since the thread is never going to die you'll have plenty of time to read them.

How many of this month's FanAds did you and Antwan buy?

Del (who's enjoying another few moments on the best web site in all of Lawrence County....at least.)

The Queen did get a fan ad out of me..she had to use the vulcan mind probe to get it though. As for Twan..he will claim several...but he lies alot. I trying to read this all..but Im laughing so hard Im afraid my wife is going to get jealous.

Fan

"Use the force Luke" - Obi Wan Knobi

[Edited by fanman on 5/3/02 8:47P]

Well...read it all. And once again..it is a classic. Del...you are truly gifted. Will you tell the Queen about all the neat stuff at the concession stand at Grundy? Maybe if you guys make the trip our way this year we will have the proper grub to feed the masses. Do you have any suggestions?

Fan(really Twan should be the one to ask..he knows all about food)

Well the pizza puffs in our stand are winners with me because they're made in Chicago. You just can't get better pizza than in Chicago.

Glad you enjoyed the thread. It has been fun. Especially the battles of wits with those unarmed that have occured throughout.

Del (who is pricing a new wall display case for the shot glass collection that numbers 143 and growing. Soon this thread will have more posts than I do shot glasses.)

Believe it or not I have a vast shot glass collection myself. Guess I will have to count it now.

Pizza puffs...what a great idea. I should have thought of that...Twans nickname is Puff. And its well earned.

Fan(who cant wait till football season)

"Water seeks its lowest level"- My boss

ok, i tried in good faith to kill this thread, but, Del, obviously the masses of people out there want to hear more, so I declare this thread to once again be officially wide open. Now, back to the Boyd announcers, Del, are you, or are you not going to graciously invite them to join us as we editoralize on what went on at the Boyd games this season, which so demoralized the Grundy County softball team that they first went into a lull and went on a losing streak and then awoke and beat a great Chattanooga Howard team unmercifully?

Del, I don't think fan can count past 140, so I think you may have more shot glasses by default. We also know that fan only eats nachos and a dog at football games(always).

I must say, I think your concessions(football, I don't know about softball) are the best.

theflash,

I answered you before with the quote from my son. Tell them to join in the fun. Let them read what I wrote first and then blast away. I have a kevlar, flack-jacket and full combat gear. I can handle it. And I'll say they were wrong til the day I die. So let the debate begin.

Del.

Fanman,

The deep fryer is killer. The girls love the cheese sticks and chicken fingers. I decided on the pizza puffs and eggrolls. But it is good to have things besides the standard burgers, dogs and nachos.

However the food service eggrolls can't touch mine. I make killer eggrolls. For my Army reunion in 2000 I cooked between 250-300 of the things one day. That's shredding cabbage, cooking meat, combining other ingredients, rolling eggrolls and frying. I was one tired puppy.

Del.

Are you sure that maybe at your game that MTV wasent there filming a segment of Jackass? And watching you guys as the thing dragged on? Boy would it be funny to see some of the faces (especially Del) from that day.

Fan(just a thought..and tell Twan how to make the eggrolls ..he can cook the "light version" for me)