Rankin gone?

rprtr

I think Joslin is very happy where he is.

Yeah, I don't think Coach Joslin will be going anywhere, even if it was offered to him. He already followed one legend at Gallatin, Calvin Short, so I don't think he would want to follow another one. Great coach, great man, perfect fit in Cookeville.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed somrthing Coach Rankin said at his Alcoa press conference. He said he was "looking for a smaller community for his family".

Translation: I didn`t mind coaching Riverdale to umpteen state titles. I just dont want MY own kids to actually have to go to school there...............

Yeah, I don't think Coach Joslin will be going anywhere, even if it was offered to him. He already followed one legend at Gallatin, Calvin Short, so I don't think he would want to follow another one. Great coach, great man, perfect fit in Cookeville.

Yes, Joslin is building a nice program at Cookeville.

If you guys read my post from a day or two before the press conference I told you that was the reason...plus money.... I think he is very smart.

"Trust the posts on here. He is gone. Wants to raise his family in a small town envirnment such as Alcoa and.... they pay real well. Stand By."

Ole Dad

Ole Dad

I noticed somrthing Coach Rankin said at his Alcoa press conference. He said he was "looking for a smaller community for his family".

Translation: I didn`t mind coaching Riverdale to umpteen state titles. I just dont want MY own kids to actually have to go to school there...............

Pap,

I'm like you and don't blame him for going and getting better pay and moving to a nice area next to the mountains. Heck, every idiot on here thinks they're worth more than they make and would quit their job for a 5% raise. More power to a great coach who has value to schools who prefer to win.

Ole Dad

More money, more money, more money. It's not about the money. Easier to raise kids with more money.

A few observations

1. Rankin said he had been looking into leaving for the past 2 to 3 years. This certainly validates those who have been saying that he has actively looked into several jobs over the last few years. Those folks weren't hallucinating.

2.Rankin was leaving to leave Riverdale. He told a Smyrna player after the playoff game last yr (when the player shook his hand and said maybe we will get you next year) Rankin said "I will not be here next year". I know people thinks this is made up but it is a fact. This tells me Rankin was not speaking of going to a specific job but he was looking to get out and his statement this week confirms this.

3. It is rediculous how long it took him to find a hc job and those schools that turned him down made a huge mistake. Love him or hate him how can anyone argue with his success and his record. I heard junk such as he didn't interview well or he has to big an ego----- well you show me any successfull coach that doesn't have some type ego and I will show you someone that will have little success leading anyone

4. I can honestly tell you i talk to a lot of people in the region and no one wanted him to leave period they all think the region is now very competitive and they all want their shot at riverdale over the next few yrs and all wanted him to be there for the post game handshake.

5. He got a great job in a great city with outstanding football support. I love east tennesse and especially that area.

For all the Rankins haters or just not likers (me) he has won. He left on top and has moved on to greener pastures and we will never get another shot at him!

After all is said and done I can't help but say ( this will be hard to type)

good luck!

Can you blame him? Would you want your kids to go to Riverdale?

a few years off from kids ;), but if im around here then i'll have my kids in riverdale ;)

edit: obviously most murfreesboro/rutherford county parents want their kids to go to riverdale because it has the highest student population

Edited by tdntn

A few observations

2.Rankin was leaving to leave Riverdale. He told a Smyrna player after the playoff game last yr (when the player shook his hand and said maybe we will get you next year) Rankin said "I will not be here next year". I know people thinks this is made up but it is a fact. This tells me Rankin was not speaking of going to a specific job but he was looking to get out and his statement this week confirms this.

i can testify for that one... sonny and i was shaking his hand at the end of the game during the playoffs and he told us that.....dont ask why he told us but he did and i honestly wished he would have staid at riverdale...i wouldnt mind playing him one or two more times... but good luck i have a GREAT deal of respect for him and rhs but when game week came aginst rhs he wasnt my favorite guy...lol....but good luck and hopfully the players still have the fire in them to still play and not to give this season a waste...(waste to riverdale--losing 2 games...lol)good luck to the new coach who ever he is he will inherit the best program in tn in my opinon

A few observations

1. Rankin said he had been looking into leaving for the past 2 to 3 years. This certainly validates those who have been saying that he has actively looked into several jobs over the last few years. Those folks weren't hallucinating.

3. It is rediculous how long it took him to find a hc job and those schools that turned him down made a huge mistake. Love him or hate him how can anyone argue with his success and his record. I heard junk such as he didn't interview well or he has to big an ego----- well you show me any successfull coach that doesn't have some type ego and I will show you someone that will have little success leading anyone

4. I can honestly tell you i talk to a lot of people in the region and no one wanted him to leave period they all think the region is now very competitive and they all want their shot at riverdale over the next few yrs and all wanted him to be there for the post game handshake.

5. He got a great job in a great city with outstanding football support. I love east tennesse and especially that area.

For all the Rankins haters or just not likers (me) he has won. He left on top and has moved on to greener pastures and we will never get another shot at him!

After all is said and done I can't help but say ( this will be hard to type)

good luck!

excellent post Cat