FBE,

Websters definition of HYPE is:

Main Entry: hype

Function: transitive verb

Inflected Form(s): hyped; hyp·ing

Etymology: origin unknown

1 : [/color]PUT ON, DECEIVE

2 : to promote or publicize extravagantly

So, you think when The Maryville Daily Times writes something about Alcoa football its deceptively promotes their football program?

NO! The Maryville Rag should promote the area sports "Teams” They are the worst local paper in the East TN area for youth/school sports. Cut and paste NASCAR and Pro sports but are the pits in local coverage. Take a look at the Morristown paper or the Elizabethton Star or even the Rogersville Paper. These are areas who are smaller than the Maryville area and are head over heals above the Maryville Rag.

The article about the players, not the team was the "Promotion or publicize extravagantly" players, not the team. You may have noticed Alcoa's New Head Coach mentioned there would be no big I's and Little U's with the program. I think grades not ability will matter, not to mention discipline.

So you would say then Alcoa's team was not hyped?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NO! The Maryville Rag should promote the area sports "Teams” They are the worst local paper in the East TN area for youth/school sports. Cut and paste NASCAR and Pro sports but are the pits in local coverage. Take a look at the Morristown paper or the Elizabethton Star or even the Rogersville Paper. These are areas who are smaller than the Maryville area and are head over heals above the Maryville Rag.

The article about the players, not the team was the "Promotion or publicize extravagantly" players, not the team. You may have noticed Alcoa's New Head Coach mentioned there would be no big I's and Little U's with the program. I think grades not ability will matter, not to mention discipline.

So you would say then Alcoa's team was not hyped?

I think Alcoa as a team will be as good as advertised! So.....the answer is NO! <_<

I think Alcoa will again have some of the most tallented players in the state, so no hype there either!

Last but not least, I think Alcoa will have some of the best coaching in the state, Coach Rankin will also be as good as advertised!

NO HYPE IN A-TOWN! :P

I didn't say anything about Harb being bad or Fiegler being better, you know my opinions on that. I said he had 2 bad games against us, maybe he was better against teams like Wartburg and Sweetwater, but he wasn't that great against Alcoa.

But if you want to talk about college, didn't Western Carolina beat UTC this year for the first time in like five years? It's also bad when the school guidance counselor messes up your transcript, because that scholly from Louisville was right on the table.

Harb is much better than Fiegler. Harb has a much better arm and Fiegler only looks great because he can throw the ball anywhere and off a ton and Brandon Warren would still go catch the ball. That doesn't mean that Fiegler has any skill. Don't get me wrong, Fiegler is good, but has got to get better to reach Harb's level of play. Just because Harb had a bad game against one team doesn't mean anything. I bet Fiegler had a couple bad games too.

The only threat I saw in the Alcoa game was Richard Harb, and he wasn't that great, (4 picks in the first game), their receivers dropped passes, they had no running threat, and they couldn't stop us on offense.

You must have had your eyes closed during the game then. I don't know if you noticed the leading tacklers in the state. Lets see Jeremy Miller, Joseph Bennett, Wes Stooksbury. All from CAK. Alcoa only had a 3 man team last year.

You must have had your eyes closed during the game then. I don't know if you noticed the leading tacklers in the state. Lets see Jeremy Miller, Joseph Bennett, Wes Stooksbury. All from CAK. Alcoa only had a 3 man team last year.

Hey, if that's what you want to believe, then believe it! None of the 3 that you're talking about were MVP in the 'Boro; that honor went to 2 rising seniors. Alcoa was an awesome team that pulled together when Warren and Sykes weren't available. Seem like if they were just a 3 man team, there's no way they could've beat Tyner, who was the toughest AA team they played, or won the championship. Alcoa had lots of depth last year; look for that depth to be there again this year. They have a very talented senior class coming up, as well as talented underclassmen chomping at the bit. I think those of you who claim that Alcoa was a 3-man team are in for a rude awakening. Last I heard, there were more than 3 men out on the field.

Edited by tornadogold

GoVols14 the only one with eye problems is yourself. No offense, CAK is an excellent school with an excellent mission, but they are not on the same planet as Alcoa Football. Honestly, I think the game will end in a larger Alcoa margin this year. JMHO.

GoVols14 the only one with eye problems is yourself. No offense, CAK is an excellent school with an excellent mission, but they are not on the same planet as Alcoa Football. Honestly, I think the game will end in a larger Alcoa margin this year. JMHO.

Nope I am positive I was there and my eyes were open. Sorry

Football is the ultimate team sport and if they were a three man team they would not have gone far. I know the three you are talking about and the best of the three missed most of the playoffs including the championship game and they still won in a rout. The cupboard is far from bare at Alcoa.

Anyone thinking Alcoa will be down is in for a rude awakening. In 2004 Alcoa had 3 seniors. In 2005 Alcoa had 8 seniors. In 2 seasons they lost only 11 players. Yes Warren,Lindsey and Fiegler will be missed. But! The main reason Alcoa has been good the last few years is because of a very stong upcoming senior class. This class is around 25 strong. In 2007 Alcoa will slip. They will still be pretty good but not as strong as they have been.