West Tennessee Coverage

westtennsports

:( You are right. I don't like to beat a dead horse to death with old news. Let's move on to more recent and important issues. This topic was to drum up interest for the Jackson Sun to step up it's coverage on local sports, specifically baseball. I have interests/contacts in many of the areas best baseball programs, and they are getting no publicity. Thank goodness for Coach T. :thumb:

As for you, a quick search of your posts easily shows your agenda is to take pot shots at whatever USJ post is out there. What's the matter, did the coach not let you or your kid out on the field enough? You're dislike of USJ is apparant in your posts, but nobody cares. :(

Thank goodness, not a usj person. I do like usj. Got alot of friends with kids there. Tutition may be a old matter, but when parents put there kids out there when they havent paid tutition, thats whats bad. The parents knew their tutition wasnt paid, it hurts everyone.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will get better.

LOL... It will get better...

It always gets better at the END OF THE SEASON...

Baseball hardly gets the coverage it deserves from the Jackson Sun... They wait until the Spring Fling rolls around before we even see anything other than a boxscore in the sports section.

Basketball is the same way... and it is SAD. Its usually well past Christmas before Parrott and the rest of those writters mention high school basketball...

So as for getting better, it will... But it is always TOO LITTLE, TOO LATE...

Thank goodness, not a usj person. I do like usj. Got alot of friends with kids there. Tutition may be a old matter, but when parents put there kids out there when they havent paid tutition, thats whats bad. The parents knew their tutition wasnt paid, it hurts everyone.

BBKing,

I'm not taking issue with the subject of tution, whether parents knew about the tardy rule, or any of that. If you want to discuss that, start a thread. You will probably find there is very little interest, just old news. My point is this. There was an individual talking about a perfect game, and it was not even mentioned in our local paper. That was pretty interesting, current information, and your post came out of left field with an unrelated, and uncalled for sacastic comment. If you can't play nice, don't play at all. :(

BBKing,

I'm not taking issue with the subject of tution, whether parents knew about the tardy rule, or any of that. If you want to discuss that, start a thread. You will probably find there is very little interest, just old news. My point is this. There was an individual talking about a perfect game, and it was not even mentioned in our local paper. That was pretty interesting, current information, and your post came out of left field with an unrelated, and uncalled for sacastic comment. If you can't play nice, don't play at all. :(

Well said, and thank you!

Edited by lifesapitch

it takes a long time to go thru my lists of newspapers and link the stories each night.... while i am not going to comment on lack of coverage, i will say these papers have either continued to provide timely info or this year they have stepped up their game-

Daily Papers

Kingsport Time News - terrific as usual

Johnson City Free Press - as well

Tri-Cities Sports - very good online resource

Clarksville Leaf Chronicle

Maryville Daily Times - they have stepped up this year and improved greatly

Cookeville Herald Citizen - not as good as above, but you can count on stories almost every day

Shelbyville Times Gazette - have stepped up this year

most other daily newspapers will provide stories a couple of times a week... boo to the athens/mcminn online for requiring a subscription - their teams can't get statewide recognition when you can't get info on them

the non daily's

the gannette mini-papers from dickson, robertson, and sumner do a pretty good job

kudos to the lewisburg paper for improving - still not timely- but at least you can find out what's going on

the roane county online paper - great, never had stories on these teams before - not exactly timely, but it's a great improvement over the past.

tullahoma sports - good site as well

i will say this about jackson - while no stories for the most part - the box scores are very informative

There was a mention in The Sun today (4/14/06) about Gant's perfect game. Also at the bottom was another mention about the TSSAA sanctions for USJ. I wonder if they are going to attach this to every article they publish :lol:

As stated in the Jackson Sun:

"On Tuesday, University School of Jackson's Clayton Gant pitched a perfect game and struck out nine in a 10-0 win over traditional power Ripley in six innings. According to his mother, Gloria, the sophomore pitched despite "a temperature of 101 and an Icy Hot patch on his back."

USJ had scored only two runs in its previous two games.

-The USJ baseball team held Ripley to only two hits on its way to two wins earlier this week. Ripley had only three losses the entire season entering the two games against USJ, which was stripped of its 2005 Class A state title for using at least one ineligible player."

Edited by lifesapitch

check the jackson sun today.......a very good article about lexington's Keck brothers.

That is more like it!!! Really good work by Mr. Parrott. Keep up the good work, spread it around and what relates to 2005 season is over.

Edited by necvol

LOL... It will get better...

It always gets better at the END OF THE SEASON...

Baseball hardly gets the coverage it deserves from the Jackson Sun... They wait until the Spring Fling rolls around before we even see anything other than a boxscore in the sports section.

Basketball is the same way... and it is SAD. Its usually well past Christmas before Parrott and the rest of those writters mention high school basketball...

So as for getting better, it will... But it is always TOO LITTLE, TOO LATE...

If you want to laugh at what I said you should have applied for the part time job that was posted in the sports section for almost 3 weeks. The problem is known and is being worked on. You have 1 paper for all of West Tennessee (excluding Memphis), its no comparison to the rest of the papers. Jobs have been created to be able to fix the void in coverage. If you could do better, I'm sure your resume crossed the desk at The Sun, and if you think you want want the job now......well TOO LITTLE TOO LATE.

Like I said, it will get better.

Edited by PrepFanatic

If you want to laugh at what I said you should have applied for the part time job that was posted in the sports section for almost 3 weeks. The problem is known and is being worked on. You have 1 paper for all of West Tennessee (excluding Memphis), its no comparison to the rest of the papers. Jobs have been created to be able to fix the void in coverage. If you could do better, I'm sure your resume crossed the desk at The Sun, and if you think you want want the job now......well TOO LITTLE TOO LATE.

Like I said, it will get better.

Nice coverage again on Sunday, however is Lexington the only team playing right now?

:thumb:

Nice coverage again on Sunday, however is Lexington the only team playing right now?

Is there anything in there about the Easter Slam? This is a tournament that could become the same type of draw as the Warrior Classic, in Middle Tenn.. They have, never, given much coverage to the Slam. There were some very talented LOCAL teams in the tournament. I realize that they have a lot of things to cover but you expect and should get coverage during your season. Hopefully it WILL get better in the next few weeks.

:thumb:

Is there anything in there about the Easter Slam? This is a tournament that could become the same type of draw as the Warrior Classic, in Middle Tenn.. They have, never, given much coverage to the Slam. There were some very talented LOCAL teams in the tournament. I realize that they have a lot of things to cover but you expect and should get coverage during your season. Hopefully it WILL get better in the next few weeks.

Don't bet on it....If it ain't football or basketball, you might as well be playing shuffleboard or something. Funny how they always find enough people to cover football and basketball.