Never too early for a WB thread

TG24

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WB will be fine this year....there offense was lacking in the scrimmage and that is expected when you have to bring along some young quarterbacks.....look for this team to improve and be at full stride about the 3rd game of the season. These next couple WB teams have good kids and they will be good for the next couple of years without a doubt. I think kids are finally starting to believe that their head coach will stay longer than two years and the kids that are in the county system that have been transferring to Maryville and other schools are finally starting to stay at home and play. This will be evident in the next couple years.

A sophomore named Adam Warth is someone to watch out for, that guy is fast, and just bounces off defenders.

BTW, GovMan, may I ask what your name is? My dad was in the WB class of '80 and he might know you.

TG,

I'm the "Voice of The Governors." Does that give it away? Give me a clue who your daddy is??

TG,

I'm the "Voice of The Governors." Does that give it away? Give me a clue who your daddy is??

Yep! That gave it away. Since you went to Friendsville, I'll give you a Falcons clue. He was one of the freshman catchers for the Falcons (varsity baseball) in '77. If you don't get this one, I'll give you an easier one.

Yep! That gave it away. Since you went to Friendsville, I'll give you a Falcons clue. He was one of the freshman catchers for the Falcons (varsity baseball) in '77. If you don't get this one, I'll give you an easier one.

If it's who I think it was, he was "hairy" back then too ... had a full beard his freshman year. Played a little basketball too ... does he do some "preaching" these days?

If it's who I think it was, he was "hairy" back then too ... had a full beard his freshman year. Played a little basketball too ... does he do some "preaching" these days?

You're good!! You got it. The moustache is the lone remain of those days, however. It's cool to know who you are now! I believe you've met me too, at the Daily Times Banquet at Heritage.