Trying to teach my son "submarine" style pitching

ccriders25

:thumb:

i am totally against kicking "down" is kickball. i teach a "rotational" style of kicking. it helps players use large muscle groups and allows for further carry on the ball. the style is patterned after lou "the toe" groza

this is toooooo funny...............you guys are great

any theories on switch kicking??????????

Edited by riddlers

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumb:

this is toooooo funny...............you guys are great

any theories on switch kicking??????????

WHO are you to come on and poke fun at kickball and baseball experts. That is the problem with baseball people. They spend all day cutting down and belittling the "gurus."

The sartorius muscle is the key to being an effective "switch kicker." The plant foot emphasis is way overated based on my research. Please don't spend money on personal kicking coach. Study the game yourself.

Thanks for adding good old common sense to the thread "Old Timer," you are least not a name dropper like the rest of these so-called "baseball men." What is a livelilad?

I "personally" don't know Leo, cc, but I know if you kick "down" on a kick ball to get backspin for carry, you can blow out a knee. My 8 year-old was playing in the TBADETUPO Kickball World Series and blew an ACL, PCL, MCL, and all of his cartridges swinging down trying to score a runner from third with a ground ball in the middle....be careful playing kickball.

My personal favorite is the weed-pull! It works on waist bend, knee bend, and the side-arm throwing style! It also helps kids to not worry about getting their fingers down and dirty, and it never hurts to keep momma happy also!

Edited by dave61502

Thanks for adding good old common sense to the thread "Old Timer," you are least not a name dropper like the rest of these so-called "baseball men." What is a livelilad?

I "personally" don't know Leo, cc, but I know if you kick "down" on a kick ball to get backspin for carry, you can blow out a knee. My 8 year-old was playing in the TBADETUPO Kickball World Series and blew an ACL, PCL, MCL, and all of his cartridges swinging down trying to score a runner from third with a ground ball in the middle....be careful playing kickball.

Some people call 'em joe blades....but I didn't use that term because I didn't want to get accused of dropping names on this thread. You probably seen them being used by the chain gangs cutting weeds on the side of the road if you watched that movie Cool Hand Luke (sorry to drop that name though) :thumb:

Some people call 'em joe blades....but I didn't use that term because I didn't want to get accused of dropping names on this thread. You probably seen them being used by the chain gangs cutting weeds on the side of the road if you watched that movie Cool Hand Luke (sorry to drop that name though) :thumb:

If interested, I can send you a video tape made by George Kennedy and Paul Newman titled "How to Use Livelilads, by Lively Lads". But beware, video has a 60's era prison background to it.

PS. I had to drop those names so that you could look it up on the internet for purchase if needing multiple copies.

If interested, I can send you a video tape made by George Kennedy and Paul Newman titled "How to Use Livelilads, by Lively Lads". But beware, video has a 60's era prison background to it.

PS. I had to drop those names so that you could look it up on the internet for purchase if needing multiple copies.

you know, you may be on to something. correct me if i'm wrong... paul newman uses a livelilad (developing the arm strength you mentioned) in Cool Hand Luke then, in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid he throws a stick of dynamite into a traincar with the same arm action (with great velocity) coincidence???

you know, you may be on to something. correct me if i'm wrong... paul newman uses a livelilad (developing the arm strength you mentioned) in Cool Hand Luke then, in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid he throws a stick of dynamite into a traincar with the same arm action (with great velocity) coincidence???

Too bad he concentrated his efforts into making Salad Dressing. He could have been a heckuva submarine pitcher.

WHO are you to come on and poke fun at kickball and baseball experts. That is the problem with baseball people. They spend all day cutting down and belittling the "gurus."

The sartorius muscle is the key to being an effective "switch kicker." The plant foot emphasis is way overated based on my research. Please don't spend money on personal kicking coach. Study the game yourself.

:thumb: me poke fun at a fellow student of the games???????????????????

i never heard of such...............where is wingman10 with his expert analysis?.........i know he could add a great deal to this topic!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest domenow

PLEASE don't teach that style of pitching to your kid. All that will do at 9 yrs. old is to ruin his arm for the future. Teach the boy to pitch the "usual" way, it will make his (and your) futures brighter. Good luck.

PLEASE don't teach that style of pitching to your kid. All that will do at 9 yrs. old is to ruin his arm for the future. Teach the boy to pitch the "usual" way, it will make his (and your) futures brighter. Good luck.

I was waiting on someone to disagree with teachin a 9 year old to throw side-arm

and submarine pitches like that.. i think its bad for the kids arm.. it might seem good to have the only 9 years old in the league strikin em out left and right throwin side-arm.. but in the long run, its gonna be bad from his arm.. if u want your kid to progress on into high school, and college maybe, keep his pitching style normal.. he is only 9.. you might could teach like an off-speed pitch to throw side-arm, just to keep the batters off balanced. but thats too much to have a 9 year old throwin submarine style. to young i think. you want him get stronger and throw harder.. have the kid long toss every day,(every other).. and not just messin around, throwing for 10 minutes, but good long toss.. them he'll be pitchin normally and throwin gas...

oh come on how else will he get those bigger boys from down the street out playin wiffleball???????????????

I was waiting on someone to disagree with teachin a 9 year old to throw side-arm

and submarine pitches like that.. i think its bad for the kids arm.. it might seem good to have the only 9 years old in the league strikin em out left and right throwin side-arm.. but in the long run, its gonna be bad from his arm.. if u want your kid to progress on into high school, and college maybe, keep his pitching style normal.. he is only 9.. you might could teach like an off-speed pitch to throw side-arm, just to keep the batters off balanced. but thats too much to have a 9 year old throwin submarine style. to young i think. you want him get stronger and throw harder.. have the kid long toss every day,(every other).. and not just messin around, throwing for 10 minutes, but good long toss.. them he'll be pitchin normally and throwin gas...

ccrider, I think this guy may be onto something, but you know, if he long tosses submarine style he could put a good high arch on it. That would build up the strength in his arm over time.

PS. Some people on this board are so gullable....don't you agree? :thumb:

Edited by Old Timer