Public schools with their hands in the cookie jar

I have been required to do my own all 13 years that I have been in metro. The one year I had outside of Metro someone else did it for me. It just comes with the territory in the good ol' MNPS. Every coach in Metro is expected to do it. Some use a trusted person to "help" them with it.

bigchief..what are the responsibilities of an AD? It sure sounds like to me that the AD is "delegating" responsibility or at the very least passing it off.

More questions...how much does a Metro AD get paid? How much does a football coach get paid?

Do you think they (the AD`s) put in as many hours as a football coach?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can a metro coach keep up with his players' eligibility? Absolutely. Is it an easy task? Absolutely not.

The non-metro coach does not usually have to do the job of the following:

1) a parent

2) a teacher

3) a principal

4) an AD

Anyone who comments that it is simply a job, and it should be done because a coach is paid to do it does not grasp the task and issues involved.

I guarantee that anyone who makes such a comment has not been a high school football coach. They know what a task it is in today's world to keep a player eligible, especially in the Nashville metro system.

By getting paid a salary to do it. <_<

Can a metro coach keep up with his players' eligibility? Absolutely. Is it an easy task? Absolutely not.

The non-metro coach does not usually have to do the job of the following:

1) a parent

2) a teacher

3) a principal

4) an AD

Anyone who comments that it is simply a job, and it should be done because a coach is paid to do it does not grasp the task and issues involved.

I guarantee that anyone who makes such a comment has not been a high school football coach. They know what a task it is in today's world to keep a player eligible, especially in the Nashville metro system.

That's the problem. Everyone has an excuse. It's called accountability. <_<

And I know quite a few Metro Nashville football coaches actually. None of them are surrogate parents for anyone. They are caring and loving people, especially to the kids the teach and coach - but that goes for all their students including non-athletes. Beyond that ... they are teachers, assistant principals, or ADs ... just like they are paid to be. :thumb:

http://preps.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...=12368&game_id=

I just want to throw this out their for everyone to see. Why aren't the same folks that slammed USJ for their tuition oversite issue last year also jumping up and down about this? :ph34r:

If you want to see jumping up and down then let this happen to Riverdale in football, or Maryville in football, or Farragut in soccer, or Shelbyville in basketball, or a lot of AAA schools in baseball, or Ezell Harding in softball, or USJ the year after they win the title, or any other school in the state the year after they win the title. No one will jump up and down, either, if it was St Benedict or Clarksville Academy and they were 10-15 on the season.