best of the west semis tomorrow, predictions?

madisonLB

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aight, so who do you think wins between Haywood/Sheffield?

sheffield will beat haywood i think 3-1 or 3-2, be a close one, but i think madison has gotten their defense and act together against good teams, madison plays ripley tonight in regionals, and will blow them away, but o well.. good luck guys

They will most likely play D-burg at 6:00 in Martin

madison beats ripley 13-0 very easy, refs before the game said that if madison ran up the score to much they would end the game short(new rule this year in highschool soccer), so madison's starters just played the ball around and passed, but didnt really want to score, they were just trying to get people who havent scored in a long time to score(seniors, bench players) but good job ripley, good luck next year fellahs

madison beats ripley 13-0 very easy, refs before the game said that if madison ran up the score to much they would end the game short(new rule this year in highschool soccer), so madison's starters just played the ball around and passed, but didnt really want to score, they were just trying to get people who havent scored in a long time to score(seniors, bench players) but good job ripley, good luck next year fellahs

huh? I'm curious about this new rule? This is the first i've heard anybody talk about it actually being a rule except when they were saying they wished we did have a rule like that. Also what counts as running up the score? sounds like 13-0 ought to qualify. Do you know who you're refs were? Anyway congrats to Madison gl in rest of tournies

huh? I'm curious about this new rule? This is the first i've heard anybody talk about it actually being a rule except when they were saying they wished we did have a rule like that. Also what counts as running up the score? sounds like 13-0 ought to qualify. Do you know who you're refs were? Anyway congrats to Madison gl in rest of tournies

I think the rule is that the ref has the discretion of calling the game early (with the coach's approval) if things get out of hand.

I think the rule is that the ref has the discretion of calling the game early (with the coach's approval) if things get out of hand.

That makes since because I think that is basically what happened in D-burg's game against Bolton But is it a new rule?

When you put subs in for subs and they score, what can you do about it? They have as much right to try to score as anyone else. They have been on the bench and at practice all year. So no, the score was not runned up. If so, it would have been 20-0 or more. The refs were David Rhom and Doss. It is a new rule to shorten the game in the second half.