District 8-AAA tournament

mjuhb

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tullahoma 4-3 lincoln co

i didn't go so i have no details

Lincoln Co got up 1-0, then Tullahoma tied it off a defensive error. LC then went up 2-1, and then 3-1 on an 'own goal'. Tullahoma made it 3-2 off a good corner, then 3-3 off a defensive error (could be reverse order). LC was controlling the game most of the first.

Second half LC seemed pretty spent - weren't moving to the ball as well. Tullahoma made a good play on right striker edging a ball past a D and the K banking one off the far post to make it 4-3. A couple of LC's better players must've been spent, because they didn't move and involve themselves well and didn't look to be playing 100%.

If LC had a coach, they would have won.

Columbia was done wrongly in the shootout. The game was officiated very well. In the shootout Columbia's keeper did an outstanding job, blocking each of Coffee County's first four shots. However, each of these four players got to shoot again because the keeper " came off his line." I could see you making this call once, maybe twice, but to do it continuously when there isn't even a line of paint across the goal line, just dirt, well that is just cold hearted. After the first time he was called the keeper stepped back in the goal to make sure this did not happen agian, but it did apparently. Columbia played their best game of the year since losing their sweeper and they did not deserve to lose this game for such a reason.

I would have to disagree with the statement above that LC controlled the game..5 and 7 can control the ball when they have it, but as for the rest, if you can't play off them, you can't play at all. Every goal is a defensive error if you think about it ^^ and your first 2 before our own were pretty amazing, good luck next season and with finding a new coach :lol:

i know the lincoln co keeper had 19 saves and craig roper about 6 so tullahoma outshot lincoln

i like the lincoln co coach he doesn't sit there like a knot on a log he always coaching the whole game i don't think the kids their have been around soccer very long

tullahoma needs to work organization and communication skills to try to cut down on errors

Edited by mjuhb

i know the lincoln co keeper had 19 saves and craig roper about 6 so tullahoma outshot lincoln

i like the lincoln co coach he doesn't sit there like a knot on a log he always coaching the whole game i don't think the kids their have been around soccer very long

tullahoma needs to work organization and communication skills to try to cut down on errors

19 saves wow! that keeper must be incredible or someone doesnt no what an actual save is. Anyway, by the way this district tournament has gone who looks to be the #1 and #2 seeds coming out.