WORLD CUP 2006

manU721

I like the way the whole spanish side plays. You guys maybe missed some of the best up and coming spanish players such as Iniesta, Torres, Joaquin, Ramos, and of course my beloved Liverpool's star man Xabi Alonso. This is a quality side, just wonder if they have the steel to come through in this big of a tournament.

I saw the Czechs at the top of their game at Euro 2004 and they were easily the best side in that tournament before running into a team hellbent on stopping them from playing soccer the right way. But frankly they just are not the same side they were then. 2 years extra age added to their already aging squad have not done them proper justice. And Milan Baros looks lost running at defences without Jan Koller to partner him.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although i personally cant stand arsene wenger, he does seem to find unknown players that turn star status real quick. im not a big fan of reyes, but fabregas will be world class before his 21st birthday at this rate, must be nice......

cant wait to see him against barca next wednesday, will need to be brilliant for arsenal

i don't like the guy either but he has done awesome job this year

I got nothing against Arsene Wenger... He's an amazing talent scout... A bit of a whiner of late but still an eye for young talent unlike anyone since the now past his prime Alex Ferguson.

Jan Koller is coming back from his knee injury so maybe Im gonna live out my worst fear of seeing a Czech team as in form as the Euro 2004 side.

Cannot wait to see Liverpool in the FA Cup final tomorrow and would really love to see Eddie Lewis' Leeds back in the Premiereship next season after the 21st, although there is nothing wrong with Jay Demerit's Watford making the jump in their stead. Demerit may just finally get some attention from the National Side if he's playing in the premiereship week in and week out.

I got nothing against Arsene Wenger... He's an amazing talent scout... A bit of a whiner of late but still an eye for young talent unlike anyone since the now past his prime Alex Ferguson.

Jan Koller is coming back from his knee injury so maybe Im gonna live out my worst fear of seeing a Czech team as in form as the Euro 2004 side.

Cannot wait to see Liverpool in the FA Cup final tomorrow and would really love to see Eddie Lewis' Leeds back in the Premiereship next season after the 21st, although there is nothing wrong with Jay Demerit's Watford making the jump in their stead. Demerit may just finally get some attention from the National Side if he's playing in the premiereship week in and week out.

liverpool won on pk's but steven gerrand bailed them out

oh it was an amazing game. i think i darn near annoyed half of Kensington by yelling so loud at each equaliser.

Gotta say, West Hams goals were pretty much all 3 sucker punches. Our keeper blew it on the first one by not calling off Carragher, then blundered on the second by dropping an easy save right into the path of Harewood. Liverpool's goals were impressive if not unnecessarily so. Cisse show some skill, then Gerrard with 2 gorgeous strikes from distance.... throw in Konchesky's cross cum upper 90 chip shot, and you have one strange match.

Reina more than made up for it all in the shootout though... you save 3 of 4 penalties and you are normally man of the match but when you are on a team with steven gerrard and he pulls what he did yesterday you get used to seeing him carry off man of the match award.

Koller is healthy but Bayern is taking the last week off the way Chelsea barely showed up to play the last 2 weeks of the premiership.

Totti was rusty we'll see what kind of form they can get him into by the time the cup rolls around.