GVILLE AND CTOWN

Next Friday will not be as good as this Friday, or really any of the other games. It will be ok, but it won't beat LA, TC or Westmoreland. The crowd has weakened in years past, due to G-ville's lack of ability to win one.

Thats why GV is coming this year. Post a win and build your future crowd. Thought you could use the money. Maybe put the bathtooms half way, and a concesion on both sides. Thats called being a good host. :thumb:

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you serious? The SC/Gordonsville game is always the biggest of the year, not because it is that good. But because everyone in Smith County is at the same game.

And Gordonsville has been down ever since the class of 2003 left.

Probably.

It's not the biggest anymore. We have had several crowds that were bigger than the one for the SC/G-ville game. It is really is losing a lot of gusto. Still some hype, just not that big of a turn out. :thumb:

Simple minds have simple answers

You should know.

It's not the biggest anymore. We have had several crowds that were bigger than the one for the SC/G-ville game. It is really is losing a lot of gusto. Still some hype, just not that big of a turn out. :thumb:

That is absolutely true when the game is at SC. We are still their biggest gate by far.

They are not our biggest.

Are you serious? The SC/Gordonsville game is always the biggest of the year, not because it is that good. But because everyone in Smith County is at the same game.

And Gordonsville has been down ever since the class of 2003 left.

Probably.

Yes, I am serios, everyone knows, that this gate isn't as good for us, as it has been in the past, because we have bigger games than this one. Yea, it's a big game, but not as big. It is big for ya'll, because you have not beat us in awhile.

It's officially time to talk about the Tigers making that short trip to the other side of the river. How did G-ville look in the jamboree? Let's hear it Tigers.......How bad is it going to be????

Hey Cool-aid man. Gordonsville looked good. Dekalb was disappointing. G-ville put up 21 points in the first quarter against their starters. SC also played a great game. I don't know how bad it is going to be, but I do believe it will be a great game.

It's officially time to talk about the Tigers making that short trip to the other side of the river. How did G-ville look in the jamboree? Let's hear it Tigers.......How bad is it going to be????

Hehehe Guess how its going to be. Cant beleive you actually asked for an opinion. Jamboree was not much to see. Jackson co seems to be doing better. Maybe they will win a couple this year. Bit off on timing and mistakes. That should improve. Hope so. Dekalb may have improved. Hope GV didnt spoil their expectations. They have some good players. The line needs work. They should do ok this year. Watertown was hard to determine, playing a building team. JC gave them a lot of big losses with their defence. Not when it counted. May have been the 2nd team in at the time. How was your night?

Next Friday will not be as good as this Friday, or really any of the other games. It will be ok, but it won't beat LA, TC or Westmoreland. The crowd has weakened in years past, due to G-ville's lack of ability to win one.

OK...you have been officially diagnosed as insane if you think the gate for the KC game was bigger than the one for the Gordonsville game will be. I was at the game and sat on both sides at some point during the night. There were empty seats EVERYWHERE!!! Even on the SC side. Was there some other event going on that I was unaware of that took some of SC's fans? It didn't look like there was an overwhelming amount of people that came out to support the Owls in their season opener against a team the caliber of Knox Catholic. I am going to the sheriff's office to file a missing persons report for you guys. I'll be there Friday night and if there are fewer people at the game than there was tonight I'll believe that the game has lost some heat. Till then I'll be trying to find some of those diehard SC fans that are missing. :thumb:

Edited by grasshopper