pitchers

MiniShields

I'd say it would come down to Minor and Hayes, don't get me wrong No Offense to any other guys listed here, or to those unnamed. However, I think it would come down to those two. I'd love to see their current statistics, and the year-end stats. Also I'd like to see the log of games that each pitcher threw in. Just to compare who threw against the better teams. Plus I'd say that who goes further in the playoffs should have some say so in it. Some will disagree with that, but the reason I make that statement is because in the current playoff systems, they are all based on one game's outcome with rest in between the future games. Both are great pitchers, and well deserving and I'm not sure it's possible to even get the current or final stats. But if it's possible let's look at em. I do know both have sub-1 ERA's with Minor at about .2 and Hayes about .5 and they have to be equal on K's as well, I know Minor has had some unbelievable games striking out 20+ and Hayes as well on numerous occassions. Both will have super successful careers.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say it would come down to Minor and Hayes, don't get me wrong No Offense to any other guys listed here, or to those unnamed. However, I think it would come down to those two. I'd love to see their current statistics, and the year-end stats. Also I'd like to see the log of games that each pitcher threw in. Just to compare who threw against the better teams. Plus I'd say that who goes further in the playoffs should have some say so in it. Some will disagree with that, but the reason I make that statement is because in the current playoff systems, they are all based on one game's outcome with rest in between the future games. Both are great pitchers, and well deserving and I'm not sure it's possible to even get the current or final stats. But if it's possible let's look at em. I do know both have sub-1 ERA's with Minor at about .2 and Hayes about .5 and they have to be equal on K's as well, I know Minor has had some unbelievable games striking out 20+ and Hayes as well on numerous occassions. Both will have super successful careers.

Hayes is not even in the same league as Minor. You're joking right!

I am not trying to start anything but what is the deal with a small school pitcher? If the guy is good who cares what size school he goes to?

Sure you are.

Why do you care so much about us small schools. Dont your almighty 4a and 5a schools keep you busy enough?

Hayes is not even in the same league as Minor. You're joking right!

No not joking, I'd say all and all Hayes is the best overall as I'm certain Hayes is a better hitter. so in the overall scheme of things i'd say Hayes gets the edge. I mean have you personally seen both play? I'm not taking anything away from Minor TRUST ME, but as I said I'd like to look at both stats now and at the end of the year after the playoffs just to measure up.

No not joking, I'd say all and all Hayes is the best overall as I'm certain Hayes is a better hitter. so in the overall scheme of things i'd say Hayes gets the edge. I mean have you personally seen both play? I'm not taking anything away from Minor TRUST ME, but as I said I'd like to look at both stats now and at the end of the year after the playoffs just to measure up.

Minors batting avg is in the high 400s with 13 homeruns before the start of the District Tounament. I think he has added at least one in the tournament.

Mikie Minor's regular season stats:

Pitching: 8-0, ERA-0.179, 1ER, 15 hits, 5 walks, 115k'S in 501/3 Innings.

Offensviely: He hit .506 with 13 home runs, 11 doubles and 34 RBI, 34 RS.

Holds state record for most strike outs in 7 inning game with 21

Career strike outs as of May 6, 466

Signed with Vanderbilt (Top coaching staff in the country)School not bad either LOL

Honors:

2004 NABF World Series All-Tournament Team

2004, 2005 TSWA All State

2004, 2005 All District 11-A

2004, 2005 TBCA All Region Team

2004 Tennessean All Mid-State 2nd Team

2005 District 11-A Player of the Year

2005 Tennessean All-Midstate 1st Team

2005 Tennessee Sunbelt Team

2005 East Coast Professional Showcase (Selected by Major league scouts)

2005 Area Code Professional Showcase (Selected by Major league scouts)

2006 Louisville Slugger Preseason All America 1st Team (collegiate baseball)