Region 6a

Look both teams are pretty much the same talent level...both have 2 great backs...Dixon and Marco they both carry the load basically for both teams...but these teams are good without those players also..i know Marco is everything to them but they would still be a decent team without him same goes for Cwood and Dixon...but just give credit were credit is due it was a great game and both teams are evenly matched but on this nite Mt. Pleasant come out wit the W...look forward to yalls next opponent and if your that mad at the Tigers then work hard and get um back in the playoffs... :ph34r:

Good luck to both teams the rest of the year both have a lot of talent

I hear you Wildcat and agree.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both Teams have other Playmakers, Borden and andrew for C'wood, And #2 for Mp played a great game and so did the RB, but where C'wood lost was QB, and the coaching wasn't great the last minute of the game, YOU DON"T CALL A TIMEOUT AFTER AN INCOMPLETE PASS, and jessup should have got the ball at least once in the redzone. But other than that the 2 best teams in the region are evenly matched.

Well C'wood is just about as good as Zion without Dixon so we are in the same boat. Both carry the load for their respective teams. And out of all the trash you talked before the game now you can't take a little ribbing? Come on.

You all wouldn't let me on the radio and wouldnt give me any pizza, now how can I take some ribbing? I really wanted on the radio. The pizza I really didnt need.

Give me a couple more days, this loss hurt.

Poor old me. :D

Good post Bradley. Good to see you got another TD. :thumb:

Both Teams have other Playmakers, Borden and andrew for C'wood, And #2 for Mp played a great game and so did the RB, but where C'wood lost was QB, and the coaching wasn't great the last minute of the game, YOU DON"T CALL A TIMEOUT AFTER AN INCOMPLETE PASS, and jessup should have got the ball at least once in the redzone. But other than that the 2 best teams in the region are evenly matched.

I agree with all but the comment on the QB. Dont point him out like that, no one pointed you out when Webster caught all those passes. Thats just not fair to Cam. He works hard to play his best and gives 100 %.

Coach Statom did what he felt needed to be done. I didnt agree with his management at the end, but thats his job. We cant dictate that. I thought we should have went on two when it was 1st and 10 from the 11. Mp would have jumped giving us the ball at the 5. Then the Jet sweep, if it didnt get a TD, spike the ball stop the clock, then throw it. Hind sight 20/20. These are all variables. We could easily have moved trying to draw them offsides, then it would have been 1st and 16. We could have fumbled on the sweep, or got caught in the backfield for a bigger loss. There is no way of knowing, but someone has to be down there making the calls. Coach Statom is that person.

There are always different ways of handling a situation. Coach Staton did what he thought was right. I stand behind him on that. He is our coach. I know I couldnt have done any better.

I agree with all but the comment on the QB. Dont point him out like that, no one pointed you out when Webster caught all those passes. Thats just not fair to Cam. He works hard to play his best and gives 100 %.

Coach Statom did what he felt needed to be done. I didnt agree with his management at the end, but thats his job. We cant dictate that. I thought we should have went on two when it was 1st and 10 from the 11. Mp would have jumped giving us the ball at the 5. Then the Jet sweep, if it didnt get a TD, spike the ball stop the clock, then throw it. Hind sight 20/20. These are all variables. We could easily have moved trying to draw them offsides, then it would have been 1st and 16. We could have fumbled on the sweep, or got caught in the backfield for a bigger loss. There is no way of knowing, but someone has to be down there making the calls. Coach Statom is that person.

There are always different ways of handling a situation. Coach Staton did what he thought was right. I stand behind him on that. He is our coach. I know I couldnt have done any better.

Good post...Go Trojans

Allright, GreenMans turn to chime in. I know you MP fans cant wait.

The game was another great game. Unfortunately the Trojans ran out of time. Mp never dominated, they didnt spank, and they arent a better team than Collinwood. Bottom line is MP had Dailey. I give Dailey credit, he should be this years MR. Football, of course he wont. Some SENIOR with 1000 yards rushing and 15 tds will get it and thats why I dont put much on that award. In all reality Marco is probably the best player in 1A.

Collinwood ran out of time, put 10 more seconds on the clock and Collinwood wins (provided we hit the PAT). If you deny that, then your just being biased.

For you MP fans to talk like MP was a "BETTER TEAM" is a joke. I have never seen a more even game of football. I cant say either team was better. This game could have gone until the cows came home.

I will say this,

Jessup Dixon 24 carries 236 yards 3 tds

Marco Dailey 23 carries 215 yards 4 tds

Now thats a match-up. :D

The Tigers shouldnt overlook CA. If Marco gets hurt and cant play, that game could spell trouble for a first place finish. Keep in mind MP lost 2 games to begin the season Collinwood lost 1. Its a long shot for the Trojans, but its possible. :thumb:

How is Dixon getting so many yards? Are they running the option or did they move him to tailback? I thought he was the QB.

The game was another great game. Unfortunately the Trojans ran out of time. Mp never dominated, they didnt spank, and they arent a better team than Collinwood. Bottom line is MP had Dailey. I give Dailey credit, he should be this years MR. Football, of course he wont. Some SENIOR with 1000 yards rushing and 15 tds will get it and thats why I dont put much on that award. In all reality Marco is probably the best player in 1A.

Collinwood ran out of time, put 10 more seconds on the clock and Collinwood wins (provided we hit the PAT). If you deny that, then your just being biased.

For you MP fans to talk like MP was a "BETTER TEAM" is a joke. I have never seen a more even game of football. I cant say either team was better. This game could have gone until the cows came home.

I will say this,

Now thats a match-up. :thumb:

The Tigers shouldnt overlook CA. If Marco gets hurt and cant play, that game could spell trouble for a first place finish. Keep in mind MP lost 2 games to begin the season Collinwood lost 1. Its a long shot for the Trojans, but its possible. ;)

Ok, lets play the what if game. What if we hadn't fumbled the interseption we got, the score would be higher. What if, we got the calls cw got? We can go & on. The end would be the same, THE BIG RED WON! ;)

Oh by the way sssssss that comment you made about #63 Matt Brown was uncalled for. They closed it before we could talk much about it. Some jerk hit him in the back. Just knocked the wind out of him. You know injuries was on both sides. Some low life could say, if you had dragged your trash off of the sidelines we would not have had to stop the game. That would be wrong, considering I don't him & you don't know Matt. WE can talk all the trash you want but lay off the kids. :thumb:

I will say this,

Now thats a match-up. :thumb:

The Tigers shouldnt overlook CA. If Marco gets hurt and cant play, that game could spell trouble for a first place finish. Keep in mind MP lost 2 games to begin the season Collinwood lost 1. Its a long shot for the Trojans, but its possible. ;)

Whats up GreenMan, it is about time we here someone with some knowledge of football post from CW. The official stat though on Marco is 23 carries for 250 yards. Its in the Tennessean and the local paper here. MP had a chance after the interception to go up 28-7 right before halftime. At that time CW hadnt stopped MP and the Mo was about to get real strong on the MP sidelines. However MP fumbled after the INT and CW took advantage and made it 20-14 at halftime. That was the only time either team could have taken a huge advantage. Instead it turned into a heavy weight fight going the whole 15 rounds. The comments on that CW just needed a few more minutes, give credit to MP staff running the clock down before the score. I think they got the ball around the 5 minute mark. I mean if CW had a few more seconds it wouldnt have mattered because they didnt have anymore timeouts and atleast 25 more seconds would have run off. If they would have scored Mp could say they just needed 3 seconds to let Marco go the distance for his 5 touchdown. So we can sit and talk about ifs and buts, but the bottom line the "Better" team did win. This isnt tee-ball where everybody ties. MP won, so they are a better team. If CW would have won, they would have been the better team. About the "Jungle" I agree. It hasnt been what it has in the past. I hope that changes in the playoffs. It was fun GreenMan and I hope that yall kick some butt against Region 5 in the playoffs and you get to make a trip back to the "Jungle". Maybe they might let you on the radio.