Oak ridge Scrimmage

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen the film yet but I understand that Powell had a couple of big studs on defense that had some great speed and shut down the running game for The Cats. (word is that The Great Pumpkin is after them both) Other than that the reports were very positive about the offense.

Ole Dad

How did this scrimmage go? I had knee surgery on Thursday and was unable to go on Friday. How did either team look? :thumb:

Well, in a 0-0 tie its really hard to talk about offense but the defense looked strong. The scrimmage was scripted on the Oak Ridge side which had something to do with the lack of scoring. Oak Ridge had many breakdowns and missed assignments which slowed them a bit too. It's only spring though so no need to panic. Oak Ridge will play Bearden on Thursday to close out spring practice and I am sure they will look much better. I think this will be a very good football team next season. I know there were a lot of kids not able to dress out sitting in the stands that will work their butts off to be ready come fall. Great move by the coaching staff to send them a message about working hard. ORCAT, I wondered where you were. I hope all is well.

Oak Ridge will not face another D-line like they faced friday. Both of the Defensive tackles were a force. It looked to me that the WR's and the QB were not on the same page. One would think that since the HC is also the WR coach that they would know the pass routes backwards and forwards. It's still very early and mistakes are expected. It was nice to watch the cats play again.

I haven't seen the film yet but I understand that Powell had a couple of big studs on defense that had some great speed and shut down the running game for The Cats. (word is that The Great Pumpkin is after them both) Other than that the reports were very positive about the offense.

Ole Dad

should we call you "Coach Ole Dad"

thanks for the update on #14. glad to see that he's getting the opportunity to show his talent. we are going to miss him, especially his "you better strap it up a little tighter" attitude, here at kingston! he will need to be watched though. he has a history of concussions.

best of luck to him and OR. keep me informed on his progression and how he does in the scrimmage this week as well. thanks! :thumb: