South Pittsburg - MT.Pleasant - Eagleville

Sp_Prince

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None of them. a very undisciplined team, but with a little guidence in sportsmanship and knowledge of the true meaning of football, could be a pretty good team.

A guy from SP and one from Eagleville get into a scuffle at a scrimmage and suddenly they are undisciplined? True meaning of football? How many gold balls do you have MPHSTIGERS87? SP has three of them. Maybe we should play touch football. Everyone remember to play the game of football with NO EMOTION! Heck dude you act like it was The Last Boyscout and someone pulled a gun out of his pants. Get a life.

A guy from SP and one from Eagleville get into a scuffle at a scrimmage and suddenly they are undisciplined? True meaning of football? How many gold balls do you have MPHSTIGERS87? SP has three of them. Maybe we should play touch football. Everyone remember to play the game of football with NO EMOTION! Heck dude you act like it was The Last Boyscout and someone pulled a gun out of his pants. Get a life.

I dont think that when he said that SP was undisciplined he was referring to the fight I think that he was referring to the fight when we got into a fight. And he might think that SP doesnt have any sportsmanship because we were trying to break it up and they kept going at it and even the parents were trying to keep it going. Maybe that is why he felt like he should say that but I dont know the guy so ask him.

I dont think that when he said that SP was undisciplined he was referring to the fight I think that he was referring to the fight when we got into a fight. And he might think that SP doesnt have any sportsmanship because we were trying to break it up and they kept going at it and even the parents were trying to keep it going. Maybe that is why he felt like he should say that but I dont know the guy so ask him.

All I can say is I have known Coach Grider for a long time. I am sure if it was entirely SP's fault then he would have disciplined his team more than he apparently did. Say what you want, but unless you can state what he did to his team when they got back home, just give up trying to make SP and the coaching staff look bad. Don't be jealous cause year after year we continue to have a beast of a team loaded with speed.

I believe what Youngtower28 has said. I wouldn't be suprised if it was started by the other team and encouraged by the other team.

All I can say is I have known Coach Grider for a long time. I am sure if it was entirely SP's fault then he would have disciplined his team more than he apparently did. Say what you want, but unless you can state what he did to his team when they got back home, just give up trying to make SP and the coaching staff look bad. Don't be jealous cause year after year we continue to have a beast of a team loaded with speed.

I believe what Youngtower28 has said. I wouldn't be suprised if it was started by the other team and encouraged by the other team.

I play for eagleville and I meant that I saw parents for SP trying to yell at the players like "get him" and stuff like that.

look sugarcoat it all you want, anybody and everybody there knew what the SP fans were doing and their coaches wouldnt say a word. I think that was there game plan not sure. I never questioned SP talent, they may be well coaches in the X and O's of the game, but what broke out wasn't a "scuffle" it was an all out brawl with punches and kicking. I hope they were punished when they returned home because absolutly nothing happen to them that day. All the kids involved in the "scuffle" were back out on the next play as the fans encouraged another "scuffle" why all was silent. Thats not football.

Don't know who started the fight but I know who incouraged it, fans on the sideline or basiclly in the back field for SP. They were relentless. I didn't have much problem with the players the fans were horrible. I hope it wasn't a true representation of the overall fan base at SP.

I heard that the "fans" at the game that people are referring too were not even parents. Someone said they were some guys that are from Nashville that were related to a player on the team. Someone did tell me they were acting kinda foolish though. I think those guys were the whole stem of the problem that day.

Thank you. I coached middle school basketball for 5 years and I know parents can get out of control sometimes. I just don't want the focus to be on the SP players or coaches. I have seen Coach Grider discipline some of the best players to come through the program by sitting them out during crucial games. I know he handled or will handle it appropriately. Either way, our fans are no worse than any other fan base, for small schools like us especially. Good luck Eagleville and Mount Pleasant. Cya in the playoffs.