South Pittsburg - MT.Pleasant - Eagleville

Sp_Prince

I just want to say that it was a good day. South Pittsburg I hope there is no hard feelings after what happened b/w us (eagleville) and you guys. I wish both South Pittsburg and Mt.Pleasant good luck in the season, and I hope that we will see you guys in the post season. I dont know how the scrimmage b/w south pittsburg and Mt.Pleasant turned out but Eagleville and south pittsburg tied 0-0 and Eagleville beat Mt.Pleasant 8-7. Hope to see you guys again.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A hot day for a spring scrimage, a lot of speed on the field. For several hours all teams went at it in peremeter drills and 8 on 8, a very physical day. During the scrimmage Mt. Pleasant and South Pittsburg tied 1td to 1td, South Pittbsburg 0 tds to Eagleville 0 tds. South Pittsburg did move the ball but fumbled the ball after about a 35 yd drive. Eagleville did struggle moving the ball. Mt. Pleasant scored on a long pass after effectively moving the ball against South Pittsburrg. South Pittsburg had some good rushing and pasing plays against Mt. Pleasant. In the Mt. Pleasant, Eagleville scrimmage Eagleville 2tds, Mt. Pleasant 1td. One td for eagleville was their 2nd team against Mt. Pleasants 2nd team. Eagleville had several injuries that kept key players out of the scrimmage, especially on D. I believe all three teams will have opportunity to do damage in the playoffs.

What happened that could cause hard feelings?

A huge fight between Eagleville and S. Pitt. I hope the coaches of both teams take serious actions against those involved. As far as football goes not street fighting, Marco for MP has to be a serious contender for Mr. Football. He looks like he is in a league of his own. In team scrimmages he ran 5 plays in 2 series and had a touchdown pass for 50+ and a touchdown run of 50+. I dont think he played in the srimmages again. As far as teams go I think MP has a slight edge on SP and then Eagleville. SP can be really good if they can get disciplined. Eagleville has great coaching and should make noise in Region 5.

A huge fight between Eagleville and S. Pitt. I hope the coaches of both teams take serious actions against those involved. As far as football goes not street fighting, Marco for MP has to be a serious contender for Mr. Football. He looks like he is in a league of his own. In team scrimmages he ran 5 plays in 2 series and had a touchdown pass for 50+ and a touchdown run of 50+. I dont think he played in the srimmages again. As far as teams go I think MP has a slight edge on SP and then Eagleville. SP can be really good if they can get disciplined. Eagleville has great coaching and should make noise in Region 5.

Mt. Pleasants offense looked good but their defense really struggled. Eagleville and South Pittsburg both were able to move the ball pretty effectively rushing and passing the ball. No pass rush except when blitzing. Mt. Pleasant struggled in their pass coverage first and second team. As for Marco a very good runningback but not in a league of his own. Both South Pittsburg and Eagleville had runningbacks that looked just as impressive. I will have to see more than I saw yesterday to say he is in a league of his own. I actually thought the South Pittsburg runningback looked better. Marco had one long run where he demostrated his speed and threw a pass to a wide open receiver which was actually way short but due to busted coverage by South Pittsburg was caught. As I said earlier all three teams will be good but all three teams are beatable and must continue to improve.

Mt. Pleasants offense looked good but their defense really struggled. Eagleville and South Pittsburg both were able to move the ball pretty effectively rushing and passing the ball. No pass rush except when blitzing. Mt. Pleasant struggled in their pass coverage first and second team. As for Marco a very good runningback but not in a league of his own. Both South Pittsburg and Eagleville had runningbacks that looked just as impressive. I will have to see more than I saw yesterday to say he is in a league of his own. I actually thought the South Pittsburg runningback looked better. Marco had one long run where he demostrated his speed and threw a pass to a wide open receiver which was actually way short but due to busted coverage by South Pittsburg was caught. As I said earlier all three teams will be good but all three teams are beatable and must continue to improve.

THERE WASNT A PLAYER ON THE FIELD EVEN CLOSE TO THE DAILY KID. HE TOUCHED THE BALL 5 TO 7 TIMES THAT RESULTED IN 2 TDS, IN THE SCRIMMAGE, HE HAD 1 RUSH RESULTING IN A TD AND ONE PASS FOR A TD. HANDED OFF THE REST OF THE TOUCHES. IN THE 8 ON 8 DRILLS, I DONT THINK HE EVEN GOT TACKLED BUT ONE MAYBE TWO TIMES. I WENT JUST TO SEE IF HE WAS THE REAL DEAL. AND YES HE IS IN A LEAGUE OF HIS OWN.

THERE WASNT A PLAYER ON THE FIELD EVEN CLOSE TO THE DAILY KID. HE TOUCHED THE BALL 5 TO 7 TIMES THAT RESULTED IN 2 TDS, IN THE SCRIMMAGE, HE HAD 1 RUSH RESULTING IN A TD AND ONE PASS FOR A TD. HANDED OFF THE REST OF THE TOUCHES. IN THE 8 ON 8 DRILLS, I DONT THINK HE EVEN GOT TACKLED BUT ONE MAYBE TWO TIMES. I WENT JUST TO SEE IF HE WAS THE REAL DEAL. AND YES HE IS IN A LEAGUE OF HIS OWN.

he was in a league of his own last year in the regular season.....haha.....so do yall think mtp is all there cracked up to be this year? a contender for state?

he was in a league of his own last year in the regular season.....haha.....so do yall think mtp is all there cracked up to be this year? a contender for state?

Daily is an awesome ballplayer but their are other players I believe who are just as good. I believe Mt. Pleasant can challenge for the state along with South Pittsburg and maybe Eagleville as they continue to improve. In the scrimmage Eagleville and South Pittsburg looked just as good as Mt.Pleasant. Friday the South Pittsburg back looked more impressive than Daily, thats all I am saying. Daily is a great 1a back too small to be D1 material.

Edited by goforthegoal

Daily is an awesome ballplayer but their are other players I believe who are just as good. I believe Mt. Pleasant can challenge for the state along with South Pittsburg and maybe Eagleville as they continue to improve. In the scrimmage Eagleville and South Pittsburg looked just as good as Mt.Pleasant. Friday the South Pittsburg back looked more impressive than Daily, thats all I am saying. Daily is a great 1a back too small to be 1a material.

Another first round exit for Eagleville in 06.

Another first round exit for Eagleville in 06.

Only time we tell but they should be 1 or 2 in region 5 even though the region will be much improved. I think JoBryns, Eagleville and Forrest can match up pretty well with any body in region 6. From my understanding no one gave Jo Byrns a chance against Mt. Pleasant last year and we know what happened. Eagleville did not show up with their A game and Collinwood gave it to them last year. Eagleville will be in their 4th year of Varsity ball and I have the feeling they will go futher than the 1st round. I do know one thing for sure Mt. Pleasant does struggle with passing teams they did last year and according to what I saw in the scrimmage that continues. Of course their is very little passing in region 6. But beware of Ezell Harding early in the year or it could be your only loss going into the playffs.