yes or no only

my2cents

General; We love to play teams from AA, AAA, and private schools but when it comes downt to the tournaments that detemine who is #1 then we need to be divided into A, AA, AAA, and private. That is only fair due to the fact that they are different to start with. Again, why does private want to be in the same group as public. If that is the case they should go to a public school.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rutherford parents can send their kids to metro Nashville private schools. No need for a new one in-county.

I am so sick of all of this pathetic crying from public school supporters. You people are so caught up in moaning about private schools you dont seem to mind the same public schools beating you year after year doing the exact thing that you say private schools do. Dont you think its odd that year after year Maryville and Melrose play each other in football, how about Shelbyville and Bradford girls basketball? My God there are so many examples it is just exausting,but some people just cant see the forrest for the trees. So if it makes you feel better about your team getting beat to blame private schools then by all means keep living in your fantasy world.

Edited by VolunteerGeneral

Rutherford parents can send their kids to metro Nashville private schools. No need for a new one in-county.

They can send them to Williamson too Indian. But if there was such a really big need to send them elsewhere then there would have been more private schools started "in county" a long time ago. I think you see the point I`m making. For the biggest part the "private school kids" in Rutherford County go to public schools. You know this is true and you also know that Rutherford County schools have a plethora of parents that "can write that check". Far more so than in other counties.

The fact is there is disparity in every class. Even in 1A. Madison in Jackson has taken a lot of "private school" kids and I can assure you there are plenty of parents there that can "write that check". Folks just look for something to complain about. I get over the fact that there are plenty of public schools that JCM can`t compete with financially. Why can`t you?

I meant Williamson as part of metro-Nashville. The financial thing doesn't mean much to me.

lol...I think Jackson will be a part of Metro Nashville one of these days. :lol:

But do you not agree that Rutherford has it going as far as the perception of public schools there? I`m surprised that a county that big doesn`t have more private schools. But like I`ve said it`s all about perception. That`s something Madison really needs to work on. 835 private school kids here. Even if you just took an average tuition of 5,000 per kid, that`s over 4,000,000 dollars a year that could potentially go to improving our public schools. That`s not even counting all the additional costs that go along with a private education outside tuition.

That`s something Madison really needs to work on. 835 private school kids here. Even if you just took an average tuition of 5,000 per kid, that`s over 4,000,000 dollars a year that could potentially go to improving our public schools.

That is the sad thing in all of this. We've let the public school system go years and years without accountability, that people feel like they need to privately educate their children. I wish that I did not have to worry about sending my kids to private school ... but after watching the 10th or so story this year about kid/teacher romantic relationships and the uncountable lack of accountability and poor test score stories ... mine will be attending a private.

I still don`t understand how losing makes you better.

As to the other...I`m saying that the financial disparities are there at all levels. Let`s just imagine for a moment that we had a total split and publics competed against publics and the same for privates. There will still be huge differences in all classes among the publics. For example...let`s take Rutherford County. Name all the private schools in that county. There is a pretty small Middle Tennessee Christian School which has been there for at least 20 years and is just now starting a football team. The public schools are Riverdale, Smyrna, Lavergne, Oakland, Siegal. Blackmon, and Eagleville. All of those schools with the exception of Eagleville are 5A schools in football. Yet Rutherford County has one private school with a student enrollment of 171 kids.

Now take Madison County for example. There is JCM 4A, Liberty 4A, Northside 4A, Southside3A. (there is also madison which doesn`t have a football team) Yet in this county there are 3 football playing private schools. USJ 2A (378 kids) JCS 2A (251 kids) and TCA 1A (214 kids) That`s 843 kids that attend private schools. Now compare that to the number of kids attending public playing football school in the county which is 3,693. Yet in Rutherford you have 171 private kids compared to over 10,000 public school kids.

So basically in Rutherford County all those "private school parents" that you talk about (the ones who can write those checks) have their kids in public schools. Whereas in Madison County it is quite different.

So if you want to talk about money, Rutherford County has far more advantages than Madison County in regards to public schools. So frankly I don`t care to hear about public schools complaining about money disadvantages because those advantages run throughout the whole system whether you are public or private.

that is a GREAT observation....and I challenge the idea that Rutherford County residents are sending their kids to private school in Nashville in any sort of quantity. I don't remember ever having a classmate/teammate from Murfreesboro...Even Boots Donnelly, a former head coach at Father Ryan and long-time supporter, sent his kids to Riverdale when he was at MTSU.