yes or no only

my2cents

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From a fan of a single A Public school- YES, YES, and YES

from a fan of a AA school.......NO, NO, and NO...

It does not matter the classification private should play private and public should play public. My answer is NO in all clasifications.

Yes.......private vs. private....public vs. public.........privates recruit AND give scholarships whether they admit it or not........

No, it's given teams in A a chance to win, but there is no competition. AA has been hurt by this alot. Publics should play publics and private should play privates is my opinion. All the little privates complain because they can't win with the big private schools like BA, MUS, and Baylor only with the public schools who don't have near the resources. This is my opinion of the topic.

From a fan of a single A Public school- YES, YES, and YES

I'm not so sure. The top three in single A softball could very well still all be privates. In no particular order:

Friendship

CA

TCA

There is really no simple answer to this problem. Are the privates all an evil, recruiting, win at all costs, bunch of jerks-NO. Should they be battling public schools for state championships when they obviously can and do have some real advantages- PROBABLY NOT.

Did it work? It depends on your point of view. It certainly had an effect most notably on football probably. It made some 1A schools happy. Probably made some 2A and 3A schools unhappy.

Some people won't be happy until no private school wins a state championship in any sport.

JMHO

from a fan of a AA school.......NO, NO, and NO...

Yes.......private vs. private....public vs. public.........privates recruit AND give scholarships whether they admit it or not........

FCS does not recruit or pay schlorships. You are an idiot. The FCS softball starters have been at FCS since 3rd and 4th grade. Get over yourself. Geeeeeeeeeeez I get so tired of this ignorant recruitng crap I hear all the time. It is absurd. Just midless babble from parents of players that have a very uneducated opinion. If you are going to have a position, at least have your facts straight. Good Grief.