under rated

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big Country, tell me about a big back at Marshall Co., Hightower. Class , size, speed and what colleges are looking at him. Thank you for any info and if any other posters have knowledge, wade into the highway.

Dont'a Hightower is the younger brother of former Marshall Co. great Ray Hightower (2000 Class 3A Mr. Football Back) who went on to play college ball at Carson Newman. He will be a junior this upcoming season. I could not give you an exact number on his size or how fast he runs 40. Through Marshall's first seven games last season he probably did not even rush for 200 yards total BUT in the team's last four games (David Lipscomb, Montgomery Central, Giles Co. and Lexington) he rushed for 800 yards and 10TD's.

I believe he is the best pure back in the region but in terms of numbers the Elrod kid at Lipscomb will put up better numbers because he plays in an offense that is easily 95% run oriented. Hightower plays on an offensive football team that features an outstanding quarterback in Kellen Gower and an outstanding receiver with blazing speed in Cavalla O'Neal. Despite having a guy that I believe has the ability to rush for 1,500 yards you and I both know that Johnson is going to throw the football. That's just what he likes to do!

From what I hear ....Marshall Co will not throw the ball nearly as much as last yr. Why? Hightower...he will get the ball plenty in 06.

Gower has improved from last yr. He is a little quicker and is stronger...still working on his decision making. The Tigers could have an explosive offense.

Dont'a Hightower is the younger brother of former Marshall Co. great Ray Hightower (2000 Class 3A Mr. Football Back) who went on to play college ball at Carson Newman. He will be a junior this upcoming season. I could not give you an exact number on his size or how fast he runs 40. Through Marshall's first seven games last season he probably did not even rush for 200 yards total BUT in the team's last four games (David Lipscomb, Montgomery Central, Giles Co. and Lexington) he rushed for 800 yards and 10TD's.

I believe he is the best pure back in the region but in terms of numbers the Elrod kid at Lipscomb will put up better numbers because he plays in an offense that is easily 95% run oriented. Hightower plays on an offensive football team that features an outstanding quarterback in Kellen Gower and an outstanding receiver with blazing speed in Cavalla O'Neal. Despite having a guy that I believe has the ability to rush for 1,500 yards you and I both know that Johnson is going to throw the football. That's just what he likes to do!

Hightower is 6'3", about 220 and runs probably a 4.55. He wil be a junior. He has great instincts. I think he knows he is good, but is not quite sure yet just how good he can be. I hope he comes into his own this year. I do expect that he will rush for over 1500 yards this year.

Hightower is 6'3", about 220 and runs probably a 4.55. He wil be a junior. He has great instincts. I think he knows he is good, but is not quite sure yet just how good he can be. I hope he comes into his own this year. I do expect that he will rush for over 1500 yards this year.

The kid was a beast against Lexington last year. Sheesh, he'll just be a junior. Scary...... :(

Nice choice Solomon. :(

It will be interesting to see how Tim Thompson`s team does in his second year there. He certainly managed to wake them up over there in Fayette County last year.

I still don't know what to make of them. If Thompson can get their attitude changed, they have the talent to be a legit force on the west end of the state. I think they'll make the playoffs out of Region 6, but other than that I don't have a clue.

Region 6 may not have a dominant team this year, but it should turn into a good race to see who gets the 4 spots. If FW does become a force, I'll just be glad Liberty is heading to 4A next year. :lol:

Thanks for the info.!!!!!!!

Hightower has a lot of respect and trust for his offensive line and thats what makes him a good player. He respects them and they in return want to protect him and see that he gets the yards. There are several players on that o line that have played together since pee wee. They know what the other one is thinking and cover for each other. There not only teammates but friends.