Chris Donald

BIGBLU

He sounds like a great fit for a school like Notre Dame...can't get much better academically. However, I don't think it really matters which program he ends up at, he should be perfectly fine. From all accounts, he sounds like a class act, and any program would be thrilled to have a football player of his caliber. From what I hear, Chris has narrowed it down to UT and Notre Dame, which is good...that means we will get to see all of his games on tv.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's going to UT.

Has he made any sort of announcement about this, or are you just close to the situation and you feel strongly about him ending up at UT? I had heard he visited UT here recently and then he was going to visit ND after that. I don't know if he'll still visit notre dame if he's for sure going to UT.

Edited by jndfan

Has he made any sort of announcement about this, or are you just close to the situation and you feel strongly about him ending up at UT? I had heard he visited UT here recently and then he was going to visit ND after that. I don't know if he'll still visit notre dame if he's for sure going to UT.

He's said that he will announce his decision before the season starts.......so we should hear real soon.

His dad is going with him to visit South Bend in the next couple of weeks. He was in Knoxville this past weekend for a visit. We are hoping for an announcement before two a days start. It is now less than eight weeks before the Huntingdon Quarterback Club Jamboree kicks off. Hard to believe it will be his last.

Go Stangs

Seems like he's been playing high school football forever now.

Especially for the Milan Bulldogs fans :rolleyes:

Great article on Chris today........

http://www.jacksonsun.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar.../606250315/1006

I wholeheartedly agree. This is what High School Sports is all about. A young man who respects his peers and has done everything that it takes to play at the next level. Chris Donalds don't come along every day. This kid appears to be the total package. Congrats to he and his family on his accomplishments to this point and I am sure there are many more to come.

Where to begin:

1) An education. Turns out the ND football players are expected to go to real classes, a concept that hasn't caught on at UT. Ok, Ok, Manning is an exception. Give me two or three more. Majoring in "human development", "playground management", etc. doesn't count.

2) The South Bend police department doesn't use game programs to to help identify suspected perps in assaults, burglarlies, etc. It's nice playing on a team where the majority of players don't have rap sheets.

3) You don't have to listen to Rocky Top 20 times a game. Of course, if this year is anything like last, that won't be a major issue.

4) Most of the other players will have IQ's higher than room temperature.

And your elitist attiude, especially showing in #4, makes you a better person than the above mentioned Tennessee football players how?

It would be very nice to see Donald in orange. I can see them beefing him up even more (scary), and moving him inside or to D-end. I think he can be very successful on and off the field in Knoxville. UT has a good engneering program, and Chavis has put a lot of guys in the NFL during his tenure. Weis can make a QB, but that defense didn't look the good at all last year. Compared to ND, Knoxville is relatively close to home too.

(So if you are reading this Chris, UT is the best fit.) :)