CoachT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i saw eagleville at their scrimmage with MP and SP and i saw JB at their scrimmage with Mongomery Central and after much consideration i have come to the conclusion that JB is better than Eagleville by 21 points or more quite easily. i am not taking favorites this is just what i think after watching both team's skill, speed, strength, and concentration. just a little FYI for all of you. JB's defense is out of this world. it is a lot better than it was last year.

i saw eagleville at their scrimmage with MP and SP and i saw JB at their scrimmage with Mongomery Central and after much consideration i have come to the conclusion that JB is better than Eagleville by 21 points or more quite easily. i am not taking favorites this is just what i think after watching both team's skill, speed, strength, and concentration. just a little FYI for all of you. JB's defense is out of this world. it is a lot better than it was last year.

what did you think about the offence

You have to keep in mind that Montgomery Central wasnt the caliber team that SP and MP are, but yes JBS did perform well.

what did you think about the offence

Offense will be at least as good as last year. But CPR4u is right, defense will be the specialty on this years team.

You really can not compare Jo Byrns and Eagleville after those scrimmages. Montgomery Central is a very poor 3a ball team. You can not compare them to Mt. Pleasant or South Pittsburg, many teams would look good against them. Eagleville held their own, they beat Mt. Pleasant 2 tds to 1 td. One of Eaglevilles tds was with the 2nd team. Eagleville and South Pittsburg both went scoreless, a very short scrimmage against South Pittsburg. Eagleville looked pretty good in the 8 on 8 and peremeter drills held earlier in the day. Eagleville is running a completely new offense different blocking schemes and etc. In the scrimmage all from the shotgun except in the goal line. They are learning a whole new system, only a very small part of their offense was in by scrmmage time. Eagleville did have several injuries but overall it was a good day. Jo Byrns I have not seen them this spring but I know they return very good players in Tuck and Moody, their D should be awesome but making Eagleville a 21 pt underdog might be a bit much. I think that 3rd game of the season will be much closer than that. Hopefully Eagleville will not turn the ball over 5 times in the first half like last year. Personally I think it will be a very close game. A big game for early in the season. Eagleville's running game will be much stronger this year, a lot more depth.

Edited by goforthegoal

You really can not compare Jo Byrns and Eagleville after those scrimmages. Montgomery Central is a very poor 3a ball team. You can not compare them to Mt. Pleasant or South Pittsburg, many teams would look good against them. Eagleville held their own, they beat Mt. Pleasant 2 tds to 1 td. One of Eaglevilles tds was with the 2nd team. Eagleville and South Pittsburg both went scoreless, a very short scrimmage against South Pittsburg. Eagleville looked pretty good in the 8 on 8 and peremeter drills held earlier in the day. Eagleville is running a completely new offense different blocking schemes and etc. In the scrimmage all from the shotgun except in the goal line. They are learning a whole new system, only a very small part of their offense was in by scrmmage time. Eagleville did have several injuries but overall it was a good day. Jo Byrns I have not seen them this spring but I know they return very good players in Tuck and Moody, their D should be awesome but making Eagleville a 21 pt underdog might be a bit much. I think that 3rd game of the season will be much closer than that. Hopefully Eagleville will not turn the ball over 5 times in the first half like last year. Personally I think it will be a very close game. A big game for early in the season. Eagleville's running game will be much stronger this year, a lot more depth.

Where do u get that Eagleville turned the ball over 5 times? U had an interception and a guy get ran over and fumble. Thats all of the turnovers in the first half, and if there were more it didnt matter because yall were already losing 33-0 midway through the second quarter.

Where do u get that Eagleville turned the ball over 5 times? U had an interception and a guy get ran over and fumble. Thats all of the turnovers in the first half, and if there were more it didnt matter because yall were already losing 33-0 midway through the second quarter.

There is no doubt that JB had a great team last year, but the eagles beat themselves in that game. They spotted JB 21 points within the first 3 minutes. The interception (TD) was a freebie courtesy of a horrible read by the QB. The other scores were also more a result of terrible execution on the part of the eagles, not outstanding play from JB. Overall, JB was as good as advertised last year and will probably be pretty good again, but things should be a bit different when the two teams meet this year. EAGLEVILLE, 2006 REGION 5 CHAMPS!!!

Yall had one interception ran back for a td when our second string qb came in for 2 plays in the 2nd quarter and another in the 1st quarter thrown by our 1st team qb and it was almost ran back for a td, that one especially was a great play by the outside linebacker I believe, a one hand grab. We also lost 2 fumbles for sure, all of our turnovers lead to scores. I'm not taking nothing from yall. Yall played an awesome game, you kicked our butt. But we did turn the ball over a lot. Last year in our first 5 game we had over 25 turnovers and was 2 and 3 and we got that under control and went on a 5 game winning streak. Turnovers and/or special teams played a key element in all of our loses last year, that must change for this year.

I agree with your predictions but I would substitute White House Heritage for McEwen. Heritage lost several close ball games last year. I think they will be much improved and have much more depth than McEwen. Who will McEwens playmakers be this year. I think they will have to do more on offense this year to make the playoffs. I believe McEwen lost some good players on defense so I don't believe their defense will be able to keep them in games. A lot of low scoring ball games for McEwen last year.

we only lost like 2 people last year on defence :thumb:

i dont know how well ncs will be this year...last year was supposed to be our year but one key injury and wow.....i wouldnt be sooo sure about jo byrns just taking region...i mean dont get me wrong they'll be good but you just replace clay....the defense can only be sooooo good...but the offense has to score at some point....and you just cant hand it off to colten all the time....anyways i dont know if ncs will be horrible or decent if they can get a decent line i think they can compete...MAYBE