Class 1A: Region 7 Favorites

CoachT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Because buddy. I don't know what sport you are watching but in football you really need speed to win. Union City will always have it, Lake County has a lot of it this year, and Mckenzie is like the rest of the schools around here...Too many white boys that aren't very fast. Don't get me wrong I think Mckenzie will eventually win this region in the next three years, but not this year. Not enough speed...OR HORSES how ever you want to say it!!!

;) That's one way to put it :thumb:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because buddy. I don't know what sport you are watching but in football you really need speed to win. Union City will always have it, Lake County has a lot of it this year, and Mckenzie is like the rest of the schools around here...Too many white boys that aren't very fast. Don't get me wrong I think Mckenzie will eventually win this region in the next three years, but not this year. Not enough speed...OR HORSES how ever you want to say it!!!

McKenzie has speed...it's just all at receiver. From what I understand, Carr has some pretty good wheels on him as well.

I'm well aware that you need speed to win at football, thanks anyway for pointing that out. But you also need blocking up front. All the speed in the world won't help if you don't have anywhere to run. McKenzie's line is going to be big and experienced.

Take a look at Obion Central, for example. How do you think they beat Covington and had chances to beat Ripley, Dyersburg, and Haywood? It sure wasn't speed. It was execution, coaching, heart.

Are they the fastest team in the region? Nope. But being fast is only one part of the equation. If speed alone won games, Manassas would have won 8-1A.

• 2 weeks later...

just kiddin about the last couple posts, i think its gonna be 1.uc 2. lake county 3.mckenzie and 4. between bruceton and west carrol

any other impact players in this region besides springer?

I have to agree with Lake Co. at the #1 spot. UC and McKenzie have some work to do after last season so I'll put them fightin' it out for #2 and and #3. I think West Carroll will own the 4th spot.

I have seen what Lake Co. is capable of in a 54-53 gunfight at McKenzie last season and a lot of that bunch is still around at LC. Most awesome football game I've ever seen. I was completely drained after that game and I was just a fan!!

One or two of us Rebel fans and a couple of LC fans were talkin' on coachT LATE that night!!!!!!!

Since Fayette Co. ain't in the region, it doesn't matter what happens where they are concerned 'till the playoffs.

I'm thinkin' that the MHS Rebels will come back stronger than UC will just because of what both teams lost. Everyone will be quick to point out that the Rebels lost Hayes!!! Yeah, but, ya'll ain't seen Dereck Carr yet either. I have!!! The Rebels still have a great receiver corps and I didn't think they would but, they moved a receiver to RB that is doing well. The other possible RB is more of a FB and that could open up more possibliities for the Rebels. this could be an interesting season. For the top three/four teams in this region it's all about coaching now IMHO!!!!!!

Edited by duckman38201

Lake Co. / Mckenzie , I can't make my mind up. I'm pretty sure it will not be Union City. They might have lost too much..

How can u say u r pretty sure Union City wont win the region? Union City has a great QB and he can lead the team down the field. The line is a good one and they r pretty big. On Defense UC wont be a cupcake, they have players that will hit u every play. I predict UC to win the region