Region 4-4A

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone remember the year, i think it was 5 or something years ago, when the region was so competitive that in the final game of the regular season, it was kind of do or die for Cleveland, and they was playing Rhea..if Cleveland won they win region, and if they lost it was 4th place and headed to Maryville? Well, they lost, and you know what happened at Maryville

Yeah, you do have a valid point. That was one of the tougher years to compete with 3-4a teams though. Third place Powell beat McCallie earlier that year. Maryville and Knox Central are always good. You pretty much have to win 4-4a if you want to make it to the second round. I remember the atmosphere in preparing to play Powell last year, it was a very reluctant one. It was, give it all you got, and maybe have a shot at beating Powell, and if you do pull the upset, you get to go to Maryville and play them. Most of Hixson's seniors prime focus was to win region. Once they failed to do that, they were disheartened.

To put it frank, you can hardly gauge Hixson's caliber by watching that game against Powell.

Anyways, this should be another competitive year for 4-4a.

It kinda looked like they werent trying hard at all when they played Powell. Even though they couldnt stop Cody or Lee, their offense looked like were not even trying. Even the second string for Powell were pushing Hixson around.

I thought Hixson was better than how they played because the coaches made it seem like they were pretty good from the film they watched

Yeah, Hixson didn't score till Powell's reserves were in. But to be fair, we did stop the running game on the first series, but our secondary was our weakness, and Lee Smith showed that with his first TD.

Red Bank has won the region two years running, and they return Tete Caldwell.

Did Caleb Wilson graduate, or is this his senior year for Rhea Co.?

How good do you think Rhea Co. will be this year? Did they lose any good players from last year? I do remember them almost beating Central last year and if they haven't lost many good seniors I think they have a shot at winning the region.

Powell scrimmaged Red Bank in spring 05' and they didn't look too tough. They had a good DE, but thats all I remember. Plus I heard all of Red Bank's good players were doing other things like track.

The favorite should be Red Bank, But Rhea Co. Has the one of the top QB i would say in the region. They always play tough, and Hixson always get underrated before season so look out for them to have a good year. Every victory in 4-4a region is huge!!! if you win 4 you lock as a top 2 seed and 3 to pretty much make it 3 and 4th seed. White County it's going to be interesting w/ them because they will be tested w/o they key players form 05 season, but they a hard phyiscal team and will always be tough. Brainerd has talent but NO COACHING!!!! they will not finish in the top 2 seeds on the region.

The favorite should be Red Bank, But Rhea Co. Has the one of the top QB i would say in the region. They always play tough, and Hixson always get underrated before season so look out for them to have a good year. Every victory in 4-4a region is huge!!! if you win 4 you lock as a top 2 seed and 3 to pretty much make it 3 and 4th seed. White County it's going to be interesting w/ them because they will be tested w/o they key players form 05 season, but they a hard phyiscal team and will always be tough. Brainerd has talent but NO COACHING!!!! they will not finish in the top 2 seeds on the region.

As a guy that understands the talent at Brainerd I TOTALLY agree. Now as far as the region goes: If the guys that are supposed to coach at Brainerd get over there this Fall they can finish at LEAST 3rd no higher than 2nd. I think Rhea has the best system(not the best team) and that QB is a smart as they come. Red Bank v.s Rhea is the Championship game. With Brainerd, Cleveland, White Co., Hixson...in the hunt. Honestly with the struggles and hard fought battles is 4-4a the SEC of area.

How good do you think Rhea Co. will be this year? Did they lose any good players from last year? I do remember them almost beating Central last year and if they haven't lost many good seniors I think they have a shot at winning the region.

Powell scrimmaged Red Bank in spring 05' and they didn't look too tough. They had a good DE, but thats all I remember. Plus I heard all of Red Bank's good players were doing other things like track.

Rhea Co. only lost 7 seniors total, so really most of the starters are coming back. But yes those seniors where some key players on the team, and all of them besides the kicker and one lineman mainly play on defense.

But the freshmen team all I have to say is WOW! Incredible talent and speed.