Region 4-4A

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This region will be tough as always, but who do you guys see winning it? I think Red Bank, Rhea, White Co. or Cleveland could possibly win it..what you guys think?

I have to agree but one school that is always a dark horse for the 4-4A title is Hixson but then you never know what they are going to bring to the table until they play Rhea County in week 2

Cleveland. I think they are getting ready to build something big there (again).

Boy do i hope so :lol:

I have to agree but one school that is always a dark horse for the 4-4A title is Hixson but then you never know what they are going to bring to the table until they play Rhea County in week 2

Yeah your right...Hixson always find a way to be near the top of the standings.

Lol it's different not being involved in the actual game play this year. One year removed from Hixson, I'm going to say Hixson should be very competitive this year. They always play with a chip on their shoulder. Lookout for Charles Hardy, Greg Rivers, Kevin Cantrell, Fred McDonald, and Eric Gillespie.

Eric was the top linebacker last year, and Charles Hardy is more than poised the fill the void left by the graduation of Coheleach Holmes. I am interested to see how the defensive ends fill the void of Russel Gros, who was an asset to the team both on the field and in the lockerroom. The offensive line will have to reload, as four of the starters graduated.

Hixson's strong point, ironically, should be their defensive secondary this year, which has long been their weak point. They have a really strong player in Fred McDonald at DT, who has been putting up impressive numbers in the weightroom and is a force on the field.

Kevin Cantrell returns for his final year as Hixson's signal calller. He is a talent as free safety and has solid quarterbacking skills.

As far as winning region, that is always a tough task for any region 4-4A team. This years team will be dictated by their health, for Hixson has never had great depth or a big sideline.

i dont care who wins this region, i just want to see if someone can beat any good region 3-4A teams in the play-offs. I know Red Bank won and Rhea Co. almost did, but most games arent that competeive. Powell has soundly beaten their 4-4A opponent the past 2 years. I dont know how Hixson was 2nd in the region last year because from what I saw when they played Powell they werent that good. I would like for region 4-4A to be good so we wont already know whos moving to the 2nd round before its played, but I do see some potential in some 4-4A teams

i dont care who wins this region, i just want to see if someone can beat any good region 3-4A teams in the play-offs. I know Red Bank won and Rhea Co. almost did, but most games arent that competeive. Powell has soundly beaten their 4-4A opponent the past 2 years. I dont know how Hixson was 2nd in the region last year because from what I saw when they played Powell they werent that good. I would like for region 4-4A to be good so we wont already know whos moving to the 2nd round before its played, but I do see some potential in some 4-4A teams

Yeah, you do have a valid point. That was one of the tougher years to compete with 3-4a teams though. Third place Powell beat McCallie earlier that year. Maryville and Knox Central are always good. You pretty much have to win 4-4a if you want to make it to the second round. I remember the atmosphere in preparing to play Powell last year, it was a very reluctant one. It was, give it all you got, and maybe have a shot at beating Powell, and if you do pull the upset, you get to go to Maryville and play them. Most of Hixson's seniors prime focus was to win region. Once they failed to do that, they were disheartened.

To put it frank, you can hardly gauge Hixson's caliber by watching that game against Powell.

Anyways, this should be another competitive year for 4-4a.