Steve McNair to be traded to the Ravens...

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Titans have agreed to trade McNair to the Ravens in return for 4TH ROUND PICK....Sounds cheap for a QB that lead the Titans to the Super Bowl and is the winningest QB in the franchise and was Co-MVP in 2003....

I agree sounds cheap to me. I always liked McNair, even though he has always been banged up. So i wonder what this means about the QB slot for the Titans, will we wee Vince Young early?

Like I said two years ago, Steve should have left last year. He will start the year off with a bang but by mid season, he'll miss practice all week and try to phone in his QB play. He'll be replaced by Boler and relenquished to backup because of a bad back, ribs, toe, sternum and neck. The bad neck will be from the interceptions being run back for TD's. McNair is better than this scenario but his habits of the past two years will be hard to break. He's got a huge mountain to climb ahead of him.

In reading articles in the Baltimore Sun, the consensus among many is that now they are ready to show up in the Super Bowl.

I'm sorry, but I just don't see it. Baltimore had problems last year with their O-line. McNair is not the scrambler he once was, and is not as mobile as he once was. Plus, his accuracy has never been a strong point. Oh, he has flashes every now and then, but you can't plan on him escaping like he's done in the past. In my minds eye, I just see an athlete whose skills have fallen off rapidly in the past few years. They keep talking about what he did in '99,'00, and '03. The past two years have accelerated the toll he's abosorbed over the great years of his career.

They can have 13 former Pro Bowl players, but for a large majority, they are well past their prime. Maybe he and D-Mas can call up the lightning one more time-but I don't think enough to win the Super Bowl.