Class 3A: Region 1 Favorites

CoachT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Well, if you say so. There's a huge gap in the talent level. If Carter's players really start believing they are good and put the 10 years prior to last year behind them then I don't see anyone else competing in a region.

I was at that game, Carter played bad, and still dominated the entire game.

Trust me, there is a gap.

I was there too. Carter led 21-13 and returned an easy interception for a touchdown. As far as Carter playing bad, I didnt see that at all. PF didnt show up until 3rd qtr. Was there a gap in talent last year? .....Yeah, Carter was a little more skilled at qb and wr. Thats as far as it went. Little gap...not a big one.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Teams better watch out for Claiborne this year, a aire of seriousness has come upon New Tazewell and Barry Liles has a potent Offensive punch. QB Jared Liles will have a BIG target in WR Joseph Holt and ample opportunity to hand the ball in play action to RB Ryan Helton (all three have D1 and D2 schools courting them). Carter will probably will the disctrict but gee wiz they are a 4A team playing in 3A.

On defense Steven Rosenbalm leads a group of quick and stronmger kids in attacking the ball/

Coming off a 1st ever appearance in the TSSAA playoffs, the 'Dawgs are looking for more...

Carter will probably will the disctrict but gee wiz they are a 4A team playing in 3A.

Enrollments from TSSAA for 2007-2009. You tell me who is 4A? For years we got beat as the smallest 4A school in the state, now we are with schools with simliar enrollments and because YOU CANT beat us you want to cry. Give me a break.

Seymour 1,079

Carter 896

Union Co 888

Gibbs 871

Rutledge 814

Claiborne 804

Pigeon Forge 769

Enrollments from TSSAA for 2007-2009. You tell me who is 4A? For years we got beat as the smallest 4A school in the state, now we are with schools with simliar enrollments and because YOU CANT beat us you want to cry. Give me a break.

Seymour 1,079

Carter 896

Union Co 888

Gibbs 871

Rutledge 814

Claiborne 804

Pigeon Forge 769

:) Didn't mean to offend you qbdad. But I was mearly stating a fact. Carter suddenly went from 4A to 3A and Gibbs is alot closer to the "original" 3A schools. Who would your team rather play a group withm Fulton or Claiborne. I would rather play Claiborne. <_<

Carter is a good team but what I said was my opinion. I have been either broadcasting or covering this areas high school and football since the mid 80's. Carter never had a football team to speakof until they moved to 3A thats where I formed my opinion. :angry:

Just make sure the bus driver comes thru luttrell on the way to New Tazewell (lol) and they stop and eat a good wholesome greasy meal before the game.

Look forward to chatting with all the 3A fans this year... :(

I was there too. Carter led 21-13 and returned an easy interception for a touchdown. As far as Carter playing bad, I didnt see that at all. PF didnt show up until 3rd qtr. Was there a gap in talent last year? .....Yeah, Carter was a little more skilled at qb and wr. Thats as far as it went. Little gap...not a big one.

I was also there. If you are going to use the excuse that Carter didn't play their best, well that can be said for PF too. If throwing 4 pics, one of which was taken back to the house, isn't considered having a bad game, I don't know what is. PF actually showed up for one quarter. Imagine what song the hornets would be singing if the Tigers had played the whole game like they did the third quarter. No, PF didn't have the talent that Carter had, but they could've beaten them last year. How big of a gap is that?

It must be nice to consider yourself a powerhouse in 3A after not being able to do squat in 4A.

Edited by coachsbigfan

I was also there. If you are going to use the excuse that Carter didn't play their best, well that can be said for PF too. If throwing 4 pics, one of which was taken back to the house, isn't considered having a bad game, I don't know what is. PF actually showed up for one quarter. Imagine what song the hornets would be singing if the Tigers had played the whole game like they did the third quarter. No, PF didn't have the talent that Carter had, but they could've beaten them last year. How big of a gap is that?

It must be nice to consider yourself a powerhouse in 3A after not being able to do squat in 4A.

[/quot If you will read the post I replied to, things might for you clear up a bit. I simply stated the facts. I never said Carter played a bad game. PF didnt show up until the 3rd qtr, down 21-0 at half, closed to 21-13, then threw silly interception...game over. Yes, PF played hard and competed against a very good 3A team. Carter was a little better, difference in the game was qb play. Did we have a chance to win? Yes...Bret Stanton is gone, but we will have to play 4 qtrs to win against Carter in 06. NOT 2. Like I said, little gaps

AND STILL UNDEFEATED AGAINST THE PIGEON FORGE TIGERS!

Let's See We played Maryville, Central, Powell, West along with other powers of 4A, true we didn't win many against the big boys, but we were competitive and made the playoffs in a larger class several times. Good ole PF has been to the playoffs 4 times and has scored an amazing 27 points in 5 games while giving up...191 points all in 3A!!!!!

We played in the Largest Class in the state AAA in 1986, 1993 in AAAA, 1999 in AAA, 2000 in AAA, 2002 in AAAA and 2005 in AAA.

AND STILL UNDEFEATED AGAINST THE PIGEON FORGE TIGERS!

Let's See We played Maryville, Central, Powell, West along with other powers of 4A, true we didn't win many against the big boys, but we were competitive and made the playoffs in a larger class several times. Good ole PF has been to the playoffs 4 times and has scored an amazing 27 points in 5 games while giving up...191 points all in 3A!!!!!

We played in the Largest Class in the state AAA in 1986, 1993 in AAAA, 1999 in AAA, 2000 in AAA, 2002 in AAAA and 2005 in AAA.

Cant argue with that. 2 playoff games against Fulton and 2 against AE can make a lot of teams look real bad.......What was the Carter-Fulton score last Year?