CoachT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was also there. If you are going to use the excuse that Carter didn't play their best, well that can be said for PF too. If throwing 4 pics, one of which was taken back to the house, isn't considered having a bad game, I don't know what is. PF actually showed up for one quarter. Imagine what song the hornets would be singing if the Tigers had played the whole game like they did the third quarter. No, PF didn't have the talent that Carter had, but they could've beaten them last year. How big of a gap is that?

It must be nice to consider yourself a powerhouse in 3A after not being able to do squat in 4A.

My interest in Carter began in the last 2 seasons. I could care less about the 4A days because I had no real interest in the team and school before then. But yes, Carter did struggle in 4A. However, Carter had a very good team last year, thought they had it in the bag at the half and became less intense, and PF rallied. Congrats to your team for having the fortitude for rallying like that. Many teams would have just rolled over.

Fact still is, there is a gap there. Say what you want, Carter is still the team to beat until someone proves otherwise. Perhaps a regional opponent playing them in single digits would be a good place to start. :lol:

Unitas

"If you will read the post I replied to, things might for you clear up a bit. I simply stated the facts. I never said Carter played a bad game. PF didnt show up until the 3rd qtr, down 21-0 at half, closed to 21-13, then threw silly interception...game over. Yes, PF played hard and competed against a very good 3A team. Carter was a little better, difference in the game was qb play. Did we have a chance to win? Yes...Bret Stanton is gone, but we will have to play 4 qtrs to win against Carter in 06. NOT 2. Like I said, little gaps"

It looks like coachsbigfan was agreeing with you. The statement "How big of a gap is that?" was sarcasm. cbf was saying there's not enough of a gap for Carter to think that PF couldn't have won that game. I'm positive cbf is a pigeon forge fan stating that Carter fans keep saying that the hornets didn't play well that night. cbf is saying PF has the right to that same claim. Heck it may have been an entirely different ball game if both teams had played their A-game. Who knows? Could've been closer, could've been a blow out! I think the point is you can't really say "if" for one team and not look at the "if"s for another. Ex. "if" PF hadn't thrown 4 pics. "if" Carter had played their best.... and so on.

Edited by eagle3314

Guy's maybe I'm misinformed, but I played ball with a couple of guy's who have sons on this years Carter team. Bobby told me just the other day that they are going to be terrible this year. He's hoping that they'll win at least 5 games. Mike told me that he thought that everyone they play this year has a chance at beating them. Maybe they're wrong but both of these guy's have been around the Carter program since 1976 and they have both said this is going to be an ugly year for Carter football.

It can't get much uglier than the days they played in 4A against Maryville, Powell, Central, Knox West, and Halls. Although they did have some success against West and Halls. As I have said in another thread in 4A section , most 5A teams would struggle in that 3-4A region. Playing Maryville, Powell, Central, Knox West, and Halls; it don't get any harder than that.

Edited by LEONARDSLOSERS

VOLNATIVE I DON'T KNOW YOU BUT IF I'M THE BOBBY YOURE REFERRING TO YOU HAVE ME CONFUSED WITH SOMEONE.BECAUSE I THINK CARTER HAS A CHANCE TO BE BETTER THIS YEAR THAN LAST CHECK MY PRIOR POSTS.DON,T GET ON HERE WITH BAD GOSSIP!!!!GO HORNETS.

AND FOR INFO STANTON AND CALDWELL JUST RETURNED FROM FURMAN WHERE BOTH HAD REALLY GOOD REVIEWS.60 DAYS TILL KICKOFF CAN'T WAIT...

VOLNATIVE I DON'T KNOW YOU BUT IF I'M THE BOBBY YOURE REFERRING TO YOU HAVE ME CONFUSED WITH SOMEONE.BECAUSE I THINK CARTER HAS A CHANCE TO BE BETTER THIS YEAR THAN LAST CHECK MY PRIOR POSTS.DON,T GET ON HERE WITH BAD GOSSIP!!!!GO HORNETS.

AND FOR INFO STANTON AND CALDWELL JUST RETURNED FROM FURMAN WHERE BOTH HAD REALLY GOOD REVIEWS.60 DAYS TILL KICKOFF CAN'T WAIT...

Where is Stanton playing?

• 2 weeks later...

I'll go with

1. Knox Carter

2. Seymour

3. Pigeon Forge

4. Union County

5. Gibbs

6. Rutledge

7. Claiborne Co.

Claiborne Co. last? they finished 4th last year and have 9 starters returning on each side of the ball. they lost to pf by 2 points with out their quarterback and big receiver joseph holt. they beat union co. like 43-20 and they had they're jv in the second half. they beat gibbs 20-0. lost to rutlege by a td and were at the goalline a few times.

Claiborne Co. last? they finished 4th last year and have 9 starters returning on each side of the ball. they lost to pf by 2 points with out their quarterback and big receiver joseph holt. they beat union co. like 43-20 and they had they're jv in the second half. they beat gibbs 20-0. lost to rutlege by a td and were at the goalline a few times.

If Rutledge didn't have so many issues at quarterback and overall inexperience last season, the Claiborne game is at least a 2 touchdown win for the Pioneers.